Easter weekend vis in Lower Mainland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone report if the vis has improved at all at any depth or is it still terrible around the Lower Mainland/Howe Sound areas?

Thanks.

It was around 15' at 50 fsw at Hutt Island and Bowyer Island in Howe sound on Saturday. Worse near the surface.

Yes - it was a nice trip despite the vis. Our options for dive sites were limited a little by the wind but still beats the pants off pea-soup conditions at Whytecliff!

On Saturday we did The Cut to a max depth of 154'. Vis was 15' at its best, from 110' and deeper. I usually expect clarity at around 80'. Not this time.

At Porteau Cove it was about 10 feet i think (I fail at spacial abilities), at least at the 30 ft depth we got to before the know-it-all lady who was on the dive went AWOL and failed to follow procedure for meeting up again.

;(

Oh yeah...been there, done that. Probably the same lady :D

Thanks for the info.
At Porteau Cove it was about 10 feet i think (I fail at spacial abilities), at least at the 30 ft depth we got to before the know-it-all lady who was on the dive went AWOL and failed to follow procedure for meeting up again.

;(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom