Vessel Overnight boat sunk, two still missing - Thailand

This Thread Prefix is for incidents related to one or more vessels from kayaks to ships.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely BS.

"tourists choose operators that hold boat licenses from the Marine Dept and tour service licenses from the Tourism Dept" !!!!!!
How practical is those advices? ZERO.
Unless the authority has a respective list on both fields, there is NO way that tourists can find out on their own.

It seems to me that Thai authority does not care much about tourist! Rip them off and then throw them under the bus if anything happens.

What safety measure has been implemented since MV Phoenix(42 fatilities) and MV Serenita(luckily all rescued) perished in July 2018? NOTHING. History keep repeating itself.

This probably has nothing to do with the sinking of those boats but does show how incompetent the Thai authority in a situation like this!!
FIVE different Gov agencies were informed but nothing happens!! Nobody wants to recover a body!

All is good. Nothing to worry about!

History keep repeating itself.
This was three yrs ago!

Nothing has changed regarding safe boat driving.

That was five yrs ago.

Two days ago.

Same bus company.

"Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets"(Oscar Wilde).

It is your own life so you are your own boss but not certain idiot who had the nerve to suggest "common sense".
No amount of "common sense" or "gut feeling" would had prepared anyone for "accidents" especially human errors involved.

"The boat floated on the waves for more than 3hrs until another boat found it and rescued the group around 09:00."
Where were Ms. Millie and the Thai cook at that time?
They should be all on the deck and wearing life jacket already.
This bit screams to me.

This bit screams to me.
I could not find any respective statement issued by the survivors so this story could well be fabricated by the reporter.

I would had thought the "user" would be very careful after such high profile "accident".

Maybe use some common sense and don't board small craft when 3-4 meter waves are forecast (in the Gulf Of Thailand) this Christmas week.
Common sense!!!

The boat captain was tested positive.
The boat's registration is expired.

What common sense are you BS about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom