Vessel Overnight boat sunk, two still missing - Thailand

This Thread Prefix is for incidents related to one or more vessels from kayaks to ships.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a summary of the boat sinkings the past few days in and around Thailand from one of the country's respected foreign vloggers. He reports seven boats have sunk with 8 people missing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a summary of the boat sinkings the past few days in and around Thailand from one of the country's respected foreign vloggers. He reports seven boats have sunk with 8 people missing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
#17!!!!!

Every time I read stuff like this it's so terrifying. Hope everyone comes out alright.
Nothing to be too afraid of...a little common sense goes a long way. Don't set out to sea in small craft when there are 2-4 meter waves forecast and the marine authorities have advised against it. It's up to dive travelers to be aware of the basic sea conditions where they are diving.

Nothing to be too afraid of...a little common sense goes a long way. Don't set out to sea in small craft when there are 2-4 meter waves forecast and the marine authorities have advised against it. It's up to dive travelers to be aware of the basic sea conditions where they are diving.
LOL.
What common sense are you talking about?
Out of the seven boats that sank SIX are tour boats. It is quite obvious who are the culprit.
Every time I read stuff like this it's so terrifying. Hope everyone comes out alright.
I believe EIGHT are still missing.

Two established operators in the Kingdom

Bundhaya 19 sank few days ago.

Happened last year.

Last month.

A bit more detail about the incident.

On a bit of a sad note, it appears the 2 missing passengers were/are trapped inside the sunken dive boat wreckage.

^
"The boat floated on the waves for more than 3hrs until another boat found it and rescued the group around 09:00."
Where were Ms. Millie and the Thai cook at that time?
They should be all on the deck and wearing life jacket already.

Slightly different version.
No mention on whether everyone, all 18 of them, was accounted for when decision was made to abandon ship.
The boat captain should be the last person to leave the ship.

I always wonder where the story came from? Imagination, speculation or what?

^
"The boat floated on the waves for more than 3hrs until another boat found it and rescued the group around 09:00."
Where were Ms. Millie and the Thai cook at that time?
They should be all on the deck and wearing life jacket already.
Yep, indeed. And I have to wonder why the other boat was fine in the waves but this one failed.

Back
Top Bottom