Easy on for Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

designbysue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hve found that wearing tights or pantyhose makes doning wetsuits much easier. Does anyone have any suggestions for making it easier to put on gloves? On my certification dive someone mentioned that they has seen someone with a bottle of something that they rubbed on their hands and the gloves just slipped on. They didn't think to ask what it was. Anyone have any thoughts?

designbysue:
I hve found that wearing tights or pantyhose makes doning wetsuits much easier. Does anyone have any suggestions for making it easier to put on gloves? On my certification dive someone mentioned that they has seen someone with a bottle of something that they rubbed on their hands and the gloves just slipped on. They didn't think to ask what it was. Anyone have any thoughts?

I like 2-3 shots of suit snot in each glove. They go on easy even if my hands get wet first.

FYI suit snot is usually 1 part cheap hair conditioner (pick your scent) and 1-2 parts water. Fill a pump sprayer and use as needed. Takes a lot of stress off of wetsuits with seals too.

Pete

How eco ...fish...friendly is some of this stuff?? Im not a tree hugger but at the same time I wouldnt want to mess up a particular dive area by streaming bubbles off my hands.
rich

I agree with Rich.

How about KY Jelly? It is a multi purpose item. :)

RICHinNC:
How eco ...fish...friendly is some of this stuff?? Im not a tree hugger but at the same time I wouldnt want to mess up a particular dive area by streaming bubbles off my hands.
rich

RICHinNC:
rich

IMO it's such a mnute quantity I'm not going to worry about it. At least 1/2 of it is tap water to begin with. It's not a soap and I don't see any sudsing etc in my rise tub. I'm not a chemist so that's the best I can say. I have never noticed any visible discharge, bubbles or other lell tale emissions.

Besides this is where I learned about the practice. Yes I know..... "Just because you read it on Scubaboard does not make it right."

Pete

hoosier:
I agree with Rich.

How about KY Jelly? It is a multi purpose item. :)

You bring up a good point :)

If you mix hair conditioner and water in a bottle together. Rub it on when you put on your wetsuit or gloves. They will slide on easily. Just use enviromental friendly kind

I too am in search of something to quickly don wet neoprene gloves and this method is not an option in the environment in which I dive.

I have searched for lycra gloves similar to lycra socks. Anyone know where I can find them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom