Eating crow: Santi custom cut suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My SANTI E. Motion is used for everything from our local NorthEast diving (all year around) to Caribbean diving (YES I do).

At least I can point to one thing that YOU learned from ME!

:D

WarmDry.jpg

You don't have to be cold... to be dry!

Well, after about six months or so, as expected, my wrist seals began to wear where the Viking rings sat in them. So, after a discussion with the Ocean Edge Outfitters people at DEMA, I sent the suit back for new seals. As part of the process, they replaced the boots with what Santi is now doing with them. I mentioned before that one of my only dissatisfactions with the suit was not being able to make folds in the leg so I could pull the feet on . . . well, Santi heard me! They now make the boots with a lovely nylon loop on the back of them, so you can just reach down and stick your finger in and pull the boot on. Furthermore, it sits pretty much under where my spring straps sit, so no chance of catching the loop on anything while diving. I am just downright delighted with this change!

My Santi suit arrived last week and will be doing my first drysuit dive this Saturday, air temps around 6 and water around 11. I'm pretty excited and a little nervous. No formal instruction just lots of reading. Fingers crossed.

Hi TSandM:

What was the turn around time from Ocean Edge outfitters. Also, what size shoe do you regularly wear and what size boot did you order with your suit? Just curious. I'm happy with all aspects of my E. Motion apart from the neoprene socks, which gets heavily bunched up in my boots. Apart from the addition of a nylon loop and Velcro ankle strap do you notice any difference with the new Flex Sole boots?

Turnaround was more than a month, but that was multifactorial -- Peter had ordered a brand new suit, and they were waiting to ship them all together. They had to special-order my wrist seals, because I'm so tiny, and then at the very last minute, we discovered there had been a small communications glitch and another change had to be made to the suit to accomodate the new electrical connections on the heated vest, so that took a few more days. And, of course, it was Christmas . . . and all the shipping companies were glitched by the weather. Anyway, I'm not unhappy about any of it, and under normal circumstances, I think it would have been much faster.

I can't remember what size boots they put on the suit, but I'll ask. There was an issue with replacing them, because the sizes have changed, and the boots I originally had don't exist any more. They gave me a choice, which sticks in my mind as being too wide or too long, and I honestly don't even remember which one I chose, but the boots I have now seem to fit okay. I wear VERY thick socks, so a close fit on the boot is the last thing I want. I wear US women's 7/European 37-38.

Tried suit on today and almost passed out, was worried I'd die alone in my kitchen. Guess I need to trim the neck seal. Lucky I tried on before hitting the water.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 03:19 AM ----------

Being found dead in my kitchen in a drysuit would have looked strange.

Tried suit on today and almost passed out, was worried I'd die alone in my kitchen. Guess I need to trim the neck seal. Lucky I tried on before hitting the water.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 03:19 AM ----------

Being found dead in my kitchen in a drysuit would have looked strange.

Are your neck seals silicone or latex?

Are your neck seals silicone or latex?

latex. Cutting was pretty straightforward, thanks YouTube, seems to be ok hasn't torn and I am typing so didn't pass out. I'll find out tomorrow when I get wet.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

hi ...like some fetish latex dress user ;-))

drysuit erotic asphyxiation...:D

Back
Top Bottom