Eating in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone thanks for all of the suggestions, this has probably saved me a lot of searching as well. I will go back through these and take notes for when I go.

I agree with the posters re: getting breakfast at Buddy's. It's a good option and good breakfast foods. We also took PB&J's for lunch b/c who has time to worry about lunch when you're trying to get in as much dive time as possible? Pasa Bon pizza is great (you have to drive to get this) and Captain Don's is good b/c you can walk next door past the sleeping security guard to Captain Don's restaurant (nice view, as well). One of our fav places was on the main strip where the tourist shops are (the street that is one-way). Going one way down the street, it is on the right with some outside tables. It was some type of carribean or latin place but had reasonably priced and fresh food. We liked City Cafe as well. The last I heard, Lion's Den (above the dive shop at Buddy's) was closed. Cactus Blue has some awesome desserts (sp?). We liked getting fruit from the Venezuelans across the street from City Cafe but they do like to overcharge and you have to check every day to see if the boat came in. That's not a big deal if its only a few things. We got Chinese food from a place pretty far away by a laundrymat (several miles). The first time it was deliciously flavored but the second time it was deliciously flavored but the meat (advertised as far as we could tell as beef) seemed a little "goaty" to me and we had a lot of growling tummies for the rest of the night. It's fun to find and try new places if you are foodies like my family. Another place that was interesting was a little restaurant right down the street from Divi Flamingo where local kids serve the food. I believe it is for underpriveleged kids and our friends who went there raved about it. And last but not least, stop at least once a day for ice cream beside the Chat n' Browse. These were our family favorites but I'm sure there were a lot that we haven't tried yet.

As much as I love Buddy's, I don't like their restaurant for dinner. Breakfast buffet, absolutely, lunch is good, but for dinner, you can definitely do better. If you don't find enough suggestions here, you should check out www.Bonairetalk.com. They have an entire section just on dining in Bonaire.

Don't forget to get your daily gelato fix at Gio's. (downtown) It is FABULOUS!

Also, try to get to the Cadushy distllery in Rincon for the tour and samples. Very interesting and very delicious!

I agree..dont do the meal plan! I love many of the Restaurants on Bon! The Smoked Marlin at Wills is superb! The food at Mona Lisa is also good!

Taylormade dive site followed by a Coldiest Beer with Goat Stew or Ribs at Rose Inn is one of my favs!!! There is a nother place just down the road that has great Ice Cream and Milkshakes! (sorry.. cant remember the name..but its on the left hand side of the road)

I agree..dont do the meal plan! I love many of the Restaurants on Bon! The Smoked Marlin at Wills is superb! The food at Mona Lisa is also good!

Taylormade dive site followed by a Coldiest Beer with Goat Stew or Ribs at Rose Inn is one of my favs!!! There is a nother place just down the road that has great Ice Cream and Milkshakes! (sorry.. cant remember the name..but its on the left hand side of the road)

LeMaSe

ETA: if Wil has smoked marlin anything, get it.

Get breakfast in your hotel package. Eating out is great. The only meal I thought was bad was Pasta bon Pizza. Don't know what people see in it. I think the slooow service may enough alcohol consumption to kill the taste buds for some diners.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom