eBay pictures, need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all,

Occasionally, I sell some of my old gear on eBay. I know very little about photography and hope someone can point me in the right direction to get sharp photos of my regulators. Most of the ones I will be selling are chrome, but I do have a few that are black plastic.

What sort of background would you suggest. Natural light, flash etc.

My camera is a Cannon Power Shot S3is (6 mega pixels) I have a tripod, no external flash.

I know there will be some experimenting involved; but please do not tell me to just experiment, I have done that and have only been frustrated with the results. I need a decent starting point.

Thank you,

couv

If you take the photos inside, use a cloth flooring and backdrop. For the chrome, a nice piece of black would do fine. Do not use a shiny cloth like silk,,,try to use a velvet cloth because it does not reflect light. For the Black plastic, maybe a red or white cloth would do well.
Another great option is to take the photos outside because the lighting will be more even and you will not get the flashback from your flash.
Take a look at the listings on ebay and see how the other people are displaying regulators for sale.
And you know you could also try and sell your regs here.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom