Edge bcd/hog wing recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video, great tip on not having to untie the OPV knob! So I print out the form, walk outside to my shop, pull out the wing and no serial # (the serial # space is blank). Can I still get a spring? You may want to put an address space on the form to make it easier to keep up with when people request them.

Nice video, great tip on not having to untie the OPV knob! So I print out the form, walk outside to my shop, pull out the wing and no serial # (the serial # space is blank). Can I still get a spring? You may want to put an address space on the form to make it easier to keep up with when people request them.

no number????

what wing do you have? Does the inflator have plastic or metal buttons?

yep no number. the weight under the serial # column is written in a silver paint pen I think. (which may be how the serial # is written when there, I dont know) I have the HOG 32lb wing with plastic inflator buttons. bought it at divers supply in macon in June of this year as a package with a transpac harness. for what its worth my spring is in perfect condition! I would like a replacement though if needed, since I do dive both fresh and salt water.

No, different source. It seems the spring supplier switched to a lower grade than we spec.

Another case of white collar crime, which in this case could have caused someone their life.

yep no number. the weight under the serial # column is written in a silver paint pen I think. (which may be how the serial # is written when there, I dont know) I have the HOG 32lb wing with plastic inflator buttons. bought it at divers supply in macon in June of this year as a package with a transpac harness. for what its worth my spring is in perfect condition! I would like a replacement though if needed, since I do dive both fresh and salt water.

dang, can you take a pic of tag please and email to me at edgediving at gmail dot com please?

Thanks,

Chris

Another case of white collar crime, which in this case could have caused someone their life.

of course they say it was a mistake, of course we aren't sure and changed suppliers.

I second the lack of serial number.....

Plastic buttons on the inflator.......

Soooooo.......leave it blank on the form?

M

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 98
My 32lb HOG wing does not have a serial # as well!
The space designated for it is blank, and only "32" written with a silver like pen beside the "Approx. Boyancy"
I bought it this July.

btw:
Where do we put the address on that form?
And is it the same form and process for a Canadian address?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 126
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom