Edge bcd/hog wing recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

???????????????

No, I dont believe there to be black market wings, I think my vendor didn't label them all correctly. Another discovery...

Sorry, black market was probably a bit too strong of, and as it turns out, wrong terminology.

Anyway I had a chance to check my wing as well finally and it also is missing it's serial number. I'll have a picture on the way soon.

I picked my spring from LDS this week and replaced it. Noticed my 32lb wing doesn't have S/N nor the approximate lift written.

Got my spring today. Divers supply said the serial number is on a tag inside the zipper for the bladder because i told them mine didnt have one written on it and they said to check there. Dont have mine with me though so i cant confirm this but it might be worth checking

Got my spring today. Divers supply said the serial number is on a tag inside the zipper for the bladder because i told them mine didnt have one written on it and they said to check there. Dont have mine with me though so i cant confirm this but it might be worth checking

Just checked my 32lb wing from the inside, and it is there!
The tag with the serial# written on it!

Funny thing is I never noticed THAT tag before.
Anyways, it's good to know that it there.

Regards!

Chris @Edge Gear,

I am curious to know what alloy the old springs were and what alloy the new springs are. Did/does anybody do a spectrograph on either or the springs? Manufacturer that supplies the valves should have a QA department doing this regularly on random samples. You should be getting copies of the inspection reports as well.

Are so I would like to know if the new springs have any magnetic attraction, I'm guessing the old ones do for sure if rust is evidenced.

Best Regards,
Ot

Last edited:
Chris @Edge Gear,

I am curious to know what alloy the old springs were and what alloy the new springs are. Did/does anybody do a spectrograph on either or the springs? Manufacturer that supplies the valves should have a QA department doing this regularly on random samples. You should be getting copies of the inspection reports as well.

Are so I would like to know if the new springs have any magnetic attraction, I'm guessing the old ones do for sure if rust is evidenced.

Best Regards,
Ot

supposed to be 304, the old ones were not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom