Edge bcd/hog wing recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the lack of serial number.....

Plastic buttons on the inflator.......

Soooooo.......leave it blank on the form?

M

yes please.

My 32lb HOG wing does not have a serial # as well!
The space designated for it is blank, and only "32" written with a silver like pen beside the "Approx. Boyancy"
I bought it this July.

btw:
Where do we put the address on that form?
And is it the same form and process for a Canadian address?

Thanks!

yes, leave blank and please write address where ever it fits...until I can fix the form

That's crazy that there are so many black market wings out there.

I doubt it. I don't recall any of my wings has serial number yet they were both bought by known HOG dealer.

I didn't mean it in a negative connotation, but from what Chris' reaction and just the sheer number of wings without serial numbers that have been posted in this thread alone, it seems there was a gap somewhere along the line where many wings slipped through the serial number crack.

I don't know whether or not it was from the manufacturer's side, or if someone from HOG accidentally forgot to serialize a batch of wings, but the fact is that there have already been 3 wings posted that are missing serial numbers. I haven't had a chance to check mine but I think mine might be missing it as well.

I am happy that Chris is standing by even the unserialized wings.

I doubt it. I don't recall any of my wings has serial number yet they were both bought by known HOG dealer.

As per what iztok said, I'd lean towards someone forgetting to serialize the wings then. The "black market" terminology was probably a bit on the extreme side and I apologize.

LOL>..there are no black market wings :wink: They either got left of the wing somehow or rubbed off with use.

Don't worry, Chris takes his product line very serious and customer service even more serious. You are all in great hands!!!!

That's crazy that there are so many black market wings out there.

???????????????

No, I dont believe there to be black market wings, I think my vendor didn't label them all correctly. Another discovery...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom