Edited (or Not) Videos Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mle_osu

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, in another thread, RonRosa posted his website so we could view his Scuba Videos from Aruba (and a delightful suprise - he had many other videos there!)

I hope to get my videos edited and on a website sometime in the near future... does anyone else have or know of Scuba Videos online?

mle_osu:
Hey, in another thread, RonRosa posted his website so we could view his Scuba Videos from Aruba (and a delightful suprise - he had many other videos there!)

I hope to get my videos edited and on a website sometime in the near future... does anyone else have or know of Scuba Videos online?

You could take a look at these:

www.piddlefish.com is Meekel's site. He's been posting on this board lately.

www.dejavideo.net is Dale who hangs out over on Rodale's board.

www.hecubus.net is Craig Jones. Some really good stuff there.

Watching other people's videos is not only entertaining, but also a great way for us all to learn from each other.

thanks for letting folks know about www.piddlefish.com

we just gotta make sure they don't just get the HIGHLIGHT VID's with that irritating 4-way PIP gimik!

I have a few videos on my site http://www.oberlin.us I generally just put up clips, no titles and such to keep down the size.

meekal:
thanks for letting folks know about www.piddlefish.com

we just gotta make sure they don't just get the HIGHLIGHT VID's with that irritating 4-way PIP gimik!

Downloaded a few of your "readers digest" videos. My favorite was the compilation video of why we dive the gulf. Probably because is was the most similar to my style of editing.

Video style is a lot like taste in music. Everyone has their own preference.

People who don't like my videos complain the editing style is for people who have attention deficit syndrome. That pretty much describes me. I have very little patience and edit accordingly.

RickSp:
Here are some rough edits of a some video I shot last week in Bonaire. Each is two minutes or less. Encoded for broadband.

Bonaire Clips

Rick

Nice work Rick. What camcorder and housing do you use ? The color was very vivid. Do you do any color enhancements during editing ?

ronrosa:
Nice work Rick. What camcorder and housing do you use ? The color was very vivid. Do you do any color enhancements during editing ?

Thanks, Ron. I shot with a PD150 in a Ikelite housing. I edited the clips with Vegas on a laptop while in Bonaire. I did a fair amount of color correcting. (Maybe too much.) I shot with an orange filter and everything tended to be too yellow/green from about 20-45 feet. Also, for streaming video I tend to bump up the saturation a bit to compensate for the flatter chroma of most video monitors.

I might take a look at smoothing out some of the rougher transitions and tweeking some of the color next week. Right now I'm still unpacking and grumbling to myself as I look out the window at the cold and miserable Northeast rain. Getting back on the plane feels like a mistake about now.

RickSp:
Thanks, Ron. I shot with a PD150 in a Ikelite housing. I edited the clips with Vegas on a laptop while in Bonaire. I did a fair amount of color correcting. (Maybe too much.) I shot with an orange filter and everything tended to be too yellow/green from about 20-45 feet. Also, for streaming video I tend to bump up the saturation a bit to compensate for the flatter chroma of most video monitors.

I might take a look at smoothing out some of the rougher transitions and tweeking some of the color next week. Right now I'm still unpacking and grumbling to myself as I look out the window at the cold and miserable Northeast rain. Getting back on the plane feels like a mistake about now.

I use a TRV900. PD150 is a great camera, much better than my 900. I use Vegas too. Makes editing easy and is very stable. Does the Ikelite housing have access to manual white balance ?

Back
Top Bottom