Egyptian diver Wael Omar prepares for deepest dive of 400 metres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys I highly doubt he's been below 300ft let alone 300m. He said the same thing last year when he was going for 375m. He is a fraud and used Ahmed Gabr, and their support divers pictures on his facebook page. Attention seeker. All he does is reiterate the info from Gabr's attempt.

This dive is not going to happen.

Its certainly ambitious. A big step forward I think the current record is around 330m. Personally I think I would rather go for the pie eating world record or something a lot less dangerous.

I don't get the point of these records. It is plurely egoistic and there is no point getting down there, just being able to hold a shot line for a few seconds.

Saturated divers have done it properly, and they are able to work at these depths!

The science in diving knows all the dangers of bounce diving, why are they still trying to break a nonsense record?

My weener is bigger than your weener...

When mountaineers say "because it's there" they know that technique, equipment, and courage are the only obstacles.

The big problem here is the physiological barrier presented by HPNS. You either become incapacitated by it and drown or you don't. You can't use experience or skill or courage to overcome that and the only practical way of using equipment to achieve these depths is by using commercial diving techniques.

The only way he could achieve this is by descending very slowly and accepting that this is essentially going to be a saturation dive with decompression done in open water. However, that would be enormously impractical and expose his support divers to significant risks too.

As dangerous as this seems, it seems like it would be much smarter to bounce to 400m, or whatever the goal is, and have a submersible hyperbaric chamber waiting for you at the deepest depth it can go.

As dangerous as this seems, it seems like it would be much smarter to bounce to 400m...

It would be much smarter to bounce 400m up the road to the pub and just brag to all your friends how you're a bad-ass diver there.

The only good thing about all this, is it let us spend time to laugh, and give us a break at work to distract our self's in SB. from 330m to 400m, 70m DD, I guess he doesn't know what small steps are.

I bet, he call the dive before he enters the water, on technical issues, then let time to drift it in oblivion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom