El Galleon Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jake11

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anyone tell me about any experiences with this resort? Looking at a possible stay for 2013. Is there a premium time to go? Thanks for any and all advice!

Asia Divers/El Galleon have been around yrs.
Peak season is from late Nov to Easter. You better contact them for confirmation.

Thanks! Have you been there?
Asia Divers/El Galleon have been around yrs.
Peak season is from late Nov to Easter. You better contact them for confirmation.

Dived with Asia Divers and few others as well eg. Big Apple, Capt. Gregg, LBC and South Sea. All top notch operators with yrs of experience in PG.
However, never stayed at El Galleon because of the cost. There are plenty cheap and cheerful places available eg Angelyn and Step Terraces. But the food at El Galleon is good.
If you prefer "all in one" then you can also add La Laguna Beach Club(LBC) as an alternative. Atlantis also gets good review but is on the expensive side.

I stayed with a group at El Galleon in 2011 and was quite impressed with their operation. Diving was well organized and the food good and plentiful. The poolside rooms are smallish, but you will not spend much time in them. At the time I think they were the only dive op with a pier, so you get on the boats without wading through the gunk near shore.

At the time I think they were the only dive op with a pier, so you get on the boats without wading through the gunk near shore.

What really surprised me was that they were allowed to build the pier in the first place.
The "gunk" is only applied to Sabang Beach not Small and Big La Laguna Beaches.

Stayed at El Galleon... 6 years ago. Some rooms are better than others- the cheaper ones are just that. There are some up fairly treacherous stairs cut in to the cliff- difficult to negotiate at 3am.

When I was there, the operation was efficient and friendly.

Stayed there in 2011. I realized there this is the only shop with a pier! Small groups of divers, good food, cheaper poolside rooms are ok too, nicely situated, overall package price fair. No mistake with El Galleon.

4 of us were there in April and enjoyed our first time dive trip in the Philippines. They offer 4 dives/day we ate off the menu, clean AC rooms, pier, they handle dive gear, comparable in price to the better caribbean places minus airfair, fast boats, dive op well organized, nice camera room, small pool, spend intervals back at the resort, good variety of marine life, we will be back. Best time is April-June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom