Electric Booster Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I am starting down the road of investigating electric boosters. i am seeing that there are a few different types / models out there. I am interested to know if anyone is using SIERRA for a booster to use with filling oxygen bottles with?

if so did you have to change out the o-ring kits, or do anything special to use for filling oxygen tanks?

Sierra are not oxygen boosters. Masterline, Hydraulics International have oxygen boosters.

Sierra can be modified to take oxygen, there is an active thread going right now. Use the search tool.

thanks, reading more about this now.

Hello, I am starting down the road of investigating electric boosters. i am seeing that there are a few different types / models out there. I am interested to know if anyone is using SIERRA for a booster to use with filling oxygen bottles with?

if so did you have to change out the o-ring kits, or do anything special to use for filling oxygen tanks?
This is the second time I have heard this same question today. Do you by chance speak with a Russian accent?

I called the owner of Masterline last year about converting a Sierra to oxygen clean. After the cost of a cheap used Sierra and the conversion I was about $1000 away from a new Masterline.

Just buy the Masterline. It’s awesome. I love mine.

^^^^^^^This.

I called the owner of Masterline last year about converting a Sierra to oxygen clean. After the cost of a cheap used Sierra and the conversion I was about $1000 away from a new Masterline.

Just buy the Masterline. It’s awesome. I love mine.
I keep hearing this and i am very confused by it. The conversion costs about $400 if you do it yourself. How much are you guys paying for used Sierras?

I keep hearing this and i am very confused by it. The conversion costs about $400 if you do it yourself. How much are you guys paying for used Sierras?

I guess it depends on what you're doing to convert. Are you just O2 cleaning yours or are you doing something else to them?

I guess it depends on what you're doing to convert. Are you just O2 cleaning yours or are you doing something else to them?

I gave you an exact list of steps and a parts list in your other thread about converting them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom