Embarrassed to ask - safety stop question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With Suunto computers, if you already did a complete stop and then went down again but stayed shallower than 12 meters, it won't tell you to do a safety-stop again. In regards to the computer saying that you did a stop, it won't says so clearly but it will show your profile underwater when you download the log including the time and depth for your safety stop without being explicit stating that it was a safety stop.

I need to correct my post above, it is 10 (ten) meters NOT 12 (twelve) meters!!!

My reply should now read:

"With Suunto computers, if you already did a complete stop and then went down again but stayed 10 meters or shallower, it won't tell you to do a safety-stop again. In regards to the computer saying that you did a stop, it won't says so clearly but it will show your profile underwater when you download the log including the time and depth for your safety stop without being explicit stating that it was a safety stop."

I have a few PDCs that wouldn't start a second countdown.

My ancient Uwatec Aladin does not even has safety stop countdown!
And not all of them are configurable either. I do 5-minute safety stops, not 3. Those two extra minutes keep me alert for the rest of the day and if my PDC doesn't support that, I simply check the time and mentally add five more minutes to it. Not a tough task at 15 ft.

Back
Top Bottom