Emerald weekend #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr:
Could you imagine if somebody got caught sneak diving with a rebreather and it was impounded...owww

Yea, wow. That would ruin a day for me (more like a few years). But if you think about it, you could probably buy it back at the police auctions for pretty cheap because noone would know what in God's name it is!

diveAK:
no one would know what in God's name it is!

Only 500 cave divers would show up,because somebody with too much time on their hands would find out and post it on the forums. I once tracked a Tekna DV3X that a college sent to state surplus for sale,unfortunately it didn't go to local surplus;I thought it would be a cheap way to get an extra motor.

Weekend #3 cancelled,will rescheduled in the near future

diveAK:
... but it is a little frustrating to have to be trimix trained to dive at a place that isnt actually deep enough to require trimix. Im told that the downstream side is 150' average and 180' max, and that easily within the limits for air, if you have experience that deep.

Dude, just trying to do yourself and your loved ones a favor here-- don't dive in ANY cave to 180' on air, particularly this cave. As I understand, the vis is usually low, the walls are black and all of that makes for a place where you do not want to be narc'd. Soft walls, ceilings and floors make for a huge mess when disturbed that won't clear for a long time. Don't mean to come across as negative, but sometimes it just needs to be done. I don't care how experienced one is diving deep air, it is not a good idea.

Good call Jordan. Safety is always number one on my list, and i wont do anything I feel I am confident and comfortable doing. The certs are gonna keep me out of Emerald for quite a while, but there are plenty of caves around that are a bit shallower. Seriously, Thanks for the comment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom