Emount zeiss 50mm macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes us the 24 under the 4 inch dome a lot. Works very well. Good sharpness. My fav combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alien,

Just to clarify, are you referring to the 4" dome that was made for the 18-55 kit or the 4.33 dome made for the Sony 16mm and adapters? I've read info on both and never really got a clear answer. Phil even made mention of using a 20mm extension with the 4.33 when using the Z24 if I remember right. I've got the 4.33 dome. Hopefully this is what you are referring to when you say 4" dome.

Marsh

The 4.33 made for the 16mm. No extension required. Fits perfectly

---------- Post added May 4th, 2014 at 09:28 PM ----------

Port #18803

Alien,

Great, I'll PU a Z24mm on eBay and try it out next go around. I think it'll give me close to the same AOV as the kit at 18mm in the flat Port 72, but with much higher resolution and low CA. It should do nicely for what I want. I'll keep the S16 and adapters around for video and wreck dives, since the video resolution is fine for showing movies.

The Z50 macro set-up will do for me for the most part, so I can jettison the kit lens and Port 72 for the smaller macro port. While I like my swing mount on P72, I'd rather have one of those dual swing mount units that allows me to quickly swing either my FIT +5 or Aquatica +10 into position. I hate screwing one on and off when the +10 is too much.

The Canon/ZEN set-up is not out of the running, but I'm trying to keep a small and light travel system together and the Z50 might fit my needs better especially since the ZEN needs Nauticam Canon focus gears and the Metabones adapter…more stuff :)

Have fun with your new rig. Hope to see some images soon.

Cheers,

Marsh

PS. A few of my abstract images shot with the Sigma 60 and 26mm extension tubes and Sony 18-55:

Orange-Purple Worm Abstract-F.jpg2. Green Clam Abstract 3-F1.jpgClam Abstract-Openings 1-F2.jpgClam Abstract-Openings 4-F.jpgWhite Rope Forest-F copy.jpgWorm Abstract 4-White-Bohol ND-M1.jpgPG Abstract 9.jpgPG Abstract 12-CS-Crop.jpg

Attachments

• Clam Abstract-Openings 4-F3.jpg
    Clam Abstract-Openings 4-F3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Clam Abstract-Openings 4-F.psd
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Beautiful shots! Well done

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 09:32 PM ----------

Look me up on Facebook Terri Allen

I couldnt wait any longer for the 50mm. Raja Ampat, Banda and Ambon wouldnt wait. So, I went ahead with the nauticam 60mm canon with metabones. All this had great build quality and I am very happy with the results. Manual focus was greatly helped by the focus peaking. This rig outshot many of the bigger setups.DSC09359-2.jpgDSC08076.jpgDSC09085 (2).jpgDSC09568 (2).jpg

Great shots. Glad it worked well for you. Was Raja anazing?

Raja was great. However, so were Banda and especially Ambon. The muck diving was fantastic and there were very few divers there. Only three days in Ambon, but I would consider going back. I bought the Touit 12 mm with sea and sea dome for the trip. It worked great, but then the focus servo started acting up and ruined some of my best wide angle shots. I will say however, that Zeiss customer service is top notch. In minutes I had a real person on the phone and the are sending me a replacement. Here are a couple of the wide angels that did work.

The trip was my second with Backscatter east. Great group of divers. Their photo skills pushed my to try and improve my own and they were very helpful. They were nice about it, but they all looked down on the Sony Nex 7, that is until they saw the results. Also, my gear came in at half the weight of the full size rigs.

Can't wait to get back in the water. Trying to decide where to next. Sipadan, Palau Komodo and Socorro are all on the short list for 2015.

Attachments

• image-308951740.jpg
    image-308951740.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 49
  • image-353396633.jpg
    image-353396633.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 46
  • image-2984484956.jpg
    image-2984484956.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 48
All good choices. Palau great for big stuff Komodo for macro. Sipadan has caves lotsa turtles and nice nudis

---------- Post added May 6th, 2014 at 10:04 PM ----------

Very nice shots. Glad you wowed the SLR users ha ha

DrKevbo,

How does the Nauticam Canon 60 port port engage the lens focus mechanism? Does it require the Canon 60 focus gear? Or is this built into the port? All the little extras add up in cost, so I'm curious since the ZEN macro system requires the Nauticam lens focus gears.

One of the things I noticed when using the Sigma 60 is the 10 extra millimeters gives considerably greater magnification than the 55 end of the kit. Perhaps this was due to the extension tubes, I don't know. I wonder how much more magnification you get with the C60 vs the Z50?

Nice photos!

Back
Top Bottom