Emount zeiss 50mm macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't seem to find the link. But I read on the Zeiss sight that it was being delayed until they figured out how to get the firmware to work with the new a6000 super fast auto focus...... bummed!

it was a Zeiss response to a question by a user on their sites blog:

"I have the sony a6000 and i just want to know when this lense will appear for sonny??? For fujifilm is on the street one month ago but i want to know a date for sony please!!
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 25 April at 22:05

• Carl Zeiss Lenses
  • Dear Quique!
    In order to guarantee the comprehensive functionality of the new Touit 2.8/50M, we have decided not to commence delivery of this lens in the E-mount version until the fast hybrid AF function is made available. As a result, the availability of the lens in stores is expected to be delayed until May or June 2014.
    Thank you for your patience and best regards
    your ZEISS Lenses Team"

It does say May or June, and since the E-mount version is available being sold directly from Japan on eBay, maybe they've finished the firmware upgrade and it's been released? Shouldn't be much longer now, but for those of us who've been waiting, it seems like forever since it's announcement a few years ago. LOL.

Sure does!! thx Marsh.
Who cares about the A6000 we need the macro for our NEX 7 :wink:

---------- Post added May 9th, 2014 at 10:09 PM ----------

Zeiss told me on FB end of May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added May 10th, 2014 at 06:01 PM ----------

B and H saying available from May 28

Yep B and H gave us that date. Thx for confirmation on extension ring. Not long now

Now B and H showing as On Order for my 50mm. Yippee. Lets hope it arrives before july

Yeh havent ordered the extension yet

This lens is coming to us
1378877_689182347758675_2114918283_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom