Enriched Air Cert Online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sigourneya

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My LDS told me I could get my enriched air/nitrox certification online now, no classes needed. Is that true? They referred me to padi.com, but I couldn't seem to find anything. It would be a great relief to both my wallet and time to do it online.

Not yet but it's probably on the way.... only class online currently is OW

AOW online will make it's debut soon

the online classes are not less expensive, least for OW

The online portion is $120 ish
We charge $125 to get in the water plus you still have to buy a set of tables and a log book.

regular classroom is $250 and that incl all student materials and pool.

I would think that to do on line EANx you still would have to go to the shop to see how to use an analyzer and analyze a tank. That won't be free. Probably will need to buy EANx tables too.

right, I would only go with the larger agencies certifications (for recreational diving), otherwise when you get to your destination on your dream vacation and you have xyz scuba card they may not let you get in the water....

PADI, NAUI, SSI

PADI has OW on line, AOW will be released in Oct at DEMA and EANx is probably on it's way...

I am not sure what card you are going to get from the above listed but these guys have you do the bookwork and then you go to a LDS to finish. SCUBA-Training.net
It costs $50.00 for the academic part and likely you will need to take a written test at the LDS for them to CYA. I have had good luck with them as far as the quality of the knowledge of the folks taking the course. If they can pass my written test (no failures to date) then I can do the practical. I wouldn't honor a on-line-scuba card; but if someone then goes to a LDS to finish they would get the card of the instructor's agency. Anyone know what Nitrox card you get from on-line-scuba? I haven't seen one yet, has anyone or does the website owner actually certify from another agency?

SDI has online Nitrox training for $125 (I think). You then go in to a local SDI instructor to do practical skills (analyzer use etc.) and get the C card. And SDI is accepted pretty much anywhere I've been.

Scuba Diving International (SDI) has had online nitrox certification available for a couple of years... several other specialties as well. The online course is straightforward but covers the aspects of nitrox diving necessary for sport divers. Our Techenical Diving International (TDI) course is currently only available through the traditional classroom method.

https://www.sdi-onlinetraining.com/...st&frame=false&CFID=16111430&CFTOKEN=19016954

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom