Enriched Air Cert Online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weeding out that gene pool I see?

There are courses to do this for a reason people - MODs. EADs. CNS Hits. PPO2. All reasons to take the course.

Yes, and one of the primary reasons is so that places like Arizona Dive Training and their instructors can make $$$. Most divers could learn everything they need to know to safely and effectively dive nitrox from book (or online course).

Yes, and one of the primary reasons is so that places like Arizona Dive Training and their instructors can make $$$. Most divers could learn everything they need to know to safely and effectively dive nitrox from book (or online course).

You are SO right Mr Guru... Go out, teach yourself tech diving and have a great time. Now I remember why it has been a year since I have been on this site.

That is possibly the dumbest and most irresponsible thing I have ever read......

Oh and if you think I make $$$ from instructing then you really ARE delusional. More like a fraction of a $.....

You are SO right Mr Guru... Go out, teach yourself tech diving and have a great time.
Nitrox isn't tech diving.

Now I remember why it has been a year since I have been on this site.
Gee whiz...we missed your profound insight.

That is possibly the dumbest and most irresponsible thing I have ever read......
Not quite.

Correct - under 40% - it is not. He was generalizing and so was I. :dork2:

You weren't generalizing.

You were judging.

and you're wrong.

You weren't generalizing.

You were judging.

and you're wrong.

Why thank you for that wonderful news. You are correct. You do not need any certification or specialized training to do any kind of specialized diving. Read a book and just go do it.

Might I suggest that you and Mr. Guru take up cave diving. No special training according to you guys...

I'm done - just stay away from any dive boats I am on - we don't need the paperwork... :lotsalove:

Weeding out that gene pool I see?

There are courses to do this for a reason people - MODs. EADs. CNS Hits. PPO2. All reasons to take the course.
What gas are you suggesting that he dives that doesn't have a MOD EAD, CNS Exposure or PPO2?

Why thank you for that wonderful news. You are correct. You do not need any certification or specialized training to do any kind of specialized diving. Read a book and just go do it.

Might I suggest that you and Mr. Gru take up cave diving. No special training according to you guys...
Reading comprehension isn't your gig...is it?

I'm done - just stay away from any dive boats I am on - we don't need the paperwork... :lotsalove:

Don't worry...rule #1 has to be followed.

I tend to be leery of on-line anything but then again, you can now get a degree from Harvard or Carnegie Mellon which is on-line (mostly) so I suppose it is OK. I can see the OP’s point; NITROX is probably something that could be learned 90% on-line or from a book for MOST people. In fact, I’m not sure what couldn’t be learned on-line about the topic-How to use the analyzer? Couldn’t you just ask the LDS that you are using to show you when you go pick up your tank? I am sure many people who took a traditional class have had to ask how to use a new analyzer when they are confronted with a different model at a different shop, so what’s the difference.
I’m not saying that on-line is the best method but I think it is perfectly acceptable for NITROX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom