Entry level computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AcornMan

Registered
Reaction score
I could swear I saw a thread about this recently, but after doing a search I didn't find anything. I've been certified for a long time but I don't dive frequently. I'd like to get an entry-level computer that won't break the bank for an upcoming trip. Can someone please recommend one? TIA.

FWIW, I went with the Mares Puck. It is a pretty simple, easy to use computer. I am seeing them for about $150 online. Hope this helps.

Adam

I got the Mares Quad from scuba.com for $190. It was a late night sale price. Not the fanciest but super easy to use and more than adequate for my diving needs.

There's also the Puck Pro at $195.

Or currently the Suunto Zoop Novo (the new model) with a "free" Sk8 compass for $329. The Suunto is the more conservative model - all Suunto's are. Not a bad idea for an infrequent diver...I have a Gekko - previous version of the Zoop (No download capability) What I really like about it is I can pick it up after 6mos. or so (I don't dive much in the winter) and work thru the menus etc. w/o referring to the manual. Previously I had a Uwatec b4 that and traveled with the manual since I couldn't do more than the basic functions w/o it.

I don't know the exact status of Leisurepro's relationship with Suunto since Huish took over US Suunto distribution.
When it was Aqualung, LP was not a licensed dealer so any warranty work would've been thru LP and not Suunto.

I personally wouldn't let that stop me - since they're not the mfr. I doubt warranty means anything but replacement thru them if you get a bad one.

Two sets of Shearwater DSAT tables.

Seriously, though, your choices under $200 seem to be mostly Mares at this point. The other one you might get is the PuckPro for the price of regular Puck: LeisurePro's been known to do that, esp. if you call them and ask.

I have a Puck Air console, same computer function as Puck Pro. Basic, simple computer.

I recently picked up a DG03, they are only $199 new from Dive Gear Express. I like the feel and functionality, haven't dove it yet.

when is said trip? Deep 6 computer comes out real soon and is going to be brilliant

I've been holding out on buying a computer for the release of the deep 6. Sounds like it will be a great computer for the price.

I've been holding out on buying a computer for the release of the deep 6. Sounds like it will be a great computer for the price.

patience will be rewarded. @cerich and the rest of the @Deep Six team are busting butt right now and it's going to be worth the wait!

What is the Deep 6 going to sell for? Is there any information on it online?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom