Equipment for New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepTechScuba --

After your last post I started to say "let's not split hairs" and then the mental image popped into my head and I had to cringe. ~lol~ Definition #2 would probably be the most applicable. ~shiver~

PostScript: I'm a whimp... I don't do any water that requires a dry suit. ~smile~

The Mares vector is kind of a big, fat, heavy thing.

I am in the same (dive) boat as you and I bought my mask, fins and snorkel while taking my confined water classes. I then went to Cancun for my referal dives and got a uncomfortable BC. I went back to my LDS and got one of the rental BC's. I did this because of comfort and familiarity with the BC. Prior to my recent trip to Coz. My lovely wife and dive partner got me a dive computer which I feel was the best purchase. My wife kept on saying I was ascending a little to quickly and the dive computer confirmed that. I dont have a lot of experience (14 dives) but I feel that having my own equipment was the best move. I intentionally left off brands because I feel that is more of of preference thing but I did not skimp anywhere. Being 100 ft under water is not a place where I would want try and save money!

Just my 2 cents

kpleynes once bubbled...
Hi,
Just got certified and am addicted to diving.
I am planning to purchase my own system since rentals are also expensive and I know that I will be diving at least every month.

These are the equipment that I am planning to buy based on gear reviews in Rodales.com.

1. Regulator - Mares R12 Axis
2. BC - Dacor Rav or Mares Vector Origin
3. Octopus - Cressi Sub
4. Compass - Sigma

I am planning to get this from Leisurepro.com.

Any inputs on the brand and model and from purchasing from Leisurepro.com would be more than welcome

Also, are there other items that I should consider buying. I am located in the northeast and would probably be diving both in warm and cold waters.

I Like LeisurePro. I Got Some Of My Stuff From Them. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom