Equipment/Trip x 100 for 1st 10yrs diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The gear that will work fine in warm tropical waters may not work the best in your local waters.

That little dive watch is useless when your have thick neoprene gloves on.

The little travel BC may not provide you enough lift for your local conditions.

You may need a cold water reg for your local diving.

If you are going to buy gear, buy the gear for what you are going to use it the most for. If you get your gear for your local cold water diving, it will likely be better and more robust, and more expensive, than what you'd use on for diving trips to the Red Sea.

If your gear works for you locally, you're more likely to dive.

Don't forget what you have in your back yard. I've love to come out to CA and dive the kelp fields!

No......You are looking @ fractions of a penny to the dollar

I didn't think about thick gloves and the watch computer!

I need to rationalize expensive things to my wife/buddy......or else ......:no:

All purchases must be submitted to her for approval. This board helps greatly in preparing my justifications. :wink:

I didn't think about thick gloves and the watch computer!

I need to rationalize expensive things to my wife/buddy......or else ......:no:

All purchases must be submitted to her for approval. This board helps greatly in preparing my justifications. :wink:

In the end I've ended up with two styles of computers...one for warm water (watch style)...one for cold water (bungee mounted that will work with drysuit and drygloves). I have two sets of fins...one for wetsuits...one for the drysuit.

There is cold water gear and there is warm water gear. Cold water gear works fine in warm water, but not necessarily the other way around.

Focus more on your local diving conditions. You've got some fantastic diving out there. It is considered cold water, so a bit more gear intensive, but if you have the right stuff, you'll dive more locally.

When you go to those warm tropical vacation spots you'll be diving with so much less stuff on, and you'll enjoy it so much more.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom