Everyone is selling a Petrel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it has VPM unlocked, that'll bump the price up some. If you're not really clear on whether it's an EXT model, that would explain people asking $850 for a used Petrel 1 (though that seems low for an EXT). But generally speaking, $650 is a pretty good price for a Petrel 1 - I was selling Predators for ~$750 back when the Petrel 1 came out at $950.

I don't think you're a jerk, I have always thought that a used item is worth about 1/2 of new. I wouldn't part with my Predator, it does what I want it to do, and I have no fear of it failing, although it has on a dive. Now, if it's a "big dive", I put in a new battery before the dive. I managed to get a Petrel on my wife, it's everything she ever wanted in a dive computer. I see no need to upgrade.

Anyway, have you made any of these folks (the ones selling their used Petrels for $700-$750) a reasonable offer? It's one thing to ask top dollar, but a whole 'nother thing to get it....

Back
Top Bottom