Expected Life of BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had the same BC for about 10 years, and 600+ salt water dives. It's still fine, except for some original straps that were elastic and no longer are (that took about two years).

Now sometimes someone will tell me that it looks like a rental, something that I accept as a compliment. My maintainance regimen is fairly minimalist, good rinsing after dives, thorough internal rinse and external wash (soap and water) after every dive vacation, field strip and service inflator hose valves once a year, usually after a long dive vacation, and storage partly inflated on a hanger.

Other than replacing inflator hose wire ties, I've not put a penny into parts or service, and figure I've got at least another 10 years to go, except that eventually a plastic buckle might crack.

All in all I expect that this BC might outlast me.

I got my Zeagle in 1993 and it went through lots of student beach dives, wreck dives, cave dives, carrying doubles plus ponies under each arm. It has about 100-200 dives in about a 3 year time frame. The worst thing that has happened to it is the dark blue has faded to almost white :)
And I still don't want a new one :D

Thanks, I don't really need any parts, just hated to see a Zeagle on the floor.....on second thought, I could use some trim weight pouches if it had those.

Hi Herman,

If Slim accepts my offer, I will get you the trim pockets for the cost to ship them to you! The same offer applies to anyone else who wants to feed on the "carcass".

My bovine byproduct detector is starting to ring here.

I'm beginning to think you went BP/W and now consider anything else to be "garbage."

So post some photos of this Ranger "carcass" with a grand total of 18 dives on it.

-Charles

Ok.

No.

Again, no.

Hi Herman,

If Slim accepts my offer, I will get you the trim pockets for the cost to ship them to you! The same offer applies to anyone else who wants to feed on the "carcass".

I'm not holding my breath, I suspect Charles is a little too close to the mark....tell you what, lets just shoo that pelican in your aviatar away and swap the parts there....that is the Harbor Lady in the back ground isn't it?

I've got 130 on my 4 year old Zeagle Brigade plus pool dives. The only thing I've had go wrong is that one of the bungee clips in the rear had to be replaced and the inflator broke during servicing and had to be replaced. Otherwise it is in great shape and I expect to use it for a long time.

I was looking at my son's Sherwood that has 300+ and was amazed at how good it looked!

I think taking care of your equipment is the key to longevity!

Ok.

No.

Again, no.

Ha! ha! Just as I expected. Got a BP/W and went all elitist.

So why in the world would you even leave a destroyed "carcass" of a BC on your floor at all? If it was "destroyed" after 13 dives why not just pitch it in the dumpster?

-Charles

Ha! ha! Just as I expected. Got a BP/W and went all elitist.

So why in the world would you even leave a destroyed "carcass" of a BC on your floor at all? If it was "destroyed" after 13 dives why not just pitch it in the dumpster?

-Charles

A small tip for you Charles:

When you accuse a person you know nothing about of lying you should have more than Ha! ha! as a retort. (that really shames us both)

Please keep in mind it is entirely possible that the person you have engaged is fully within his understanding of the topic at hand and your response will show you as tiresome and ignorant.

This is one of those cases.

You are ignorant and becoming tiresome.

My device failed and you wishing it did not will not change things.

I owe you no explanation of the details.

Enjoy your Ranger

Hi Herman,

Sadly Rangers of this vintage (2001) are not sold with anything one could call "trim pockets".

To be honest I have no idea what you are looking for but as the accessories remove themselves freely from the carcass, you are welcome to them.

I'm not holding my breath, I suspect Charles is a little too close to the mark....tell you what, lets just shoo that pelican in your aviatar away and swap the parts there....that is the Harbor Lady in the back ground isn't it?

That is Big Sexy off Buddy's dock! The pelican just sat there are begged me to do him justice. If the sun was just a bit to the south,,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom