experience with Edge or HOG drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They're built by USIA, and the older ones were the Techniflex models which are truly top notch suits. They're primary market is military which is why their costs are low, and the custom sizing is so cheap because they build all of their suits to order. Takes 6 weeks, but it's worth it. Chris had to change it due to some gripe from Oceanic I think, apparently they don't like him, but if you call him, I'm sure he'll tell you what the new suits are going to be etc etc.

I need to correct my last statement about looking at dry suits. I said Halycon drysuit which, and I don't know what i was thinking, should have been DUI.

I need to correct my last statement about looking at dry suits. I said Halycon drysuit which, and I don't know what i was thinking, should have been DUI.

It's understandable, they (Halcyon with DUI exposure) seem like they go together in so many folks' DIR set-ups

Sort of like 911s and Member's Only jackets :D

I keed, I keed, put down the dive knife, I keed

anyway, thought I'd bump this to see if there are more thoughts on Edge/HOG suits

I should be able to post a review of the Edge suit in a couple weeks. I will cover the construction and my GF will have to supply the user review as it's her suit that's coming and no way it will fit me! It will be her first drysuit and my first time teaching a dry suit class even though I have over 200 dry dives. We live in an area where more people would seem to be diving dry but I think the intial price of the suit, any dry suit really, is intimidating. But then I just spent an obscene amount of money at DEMA on a full custom rubbatex 3 mil. Thank god it was not retail on that!

The Edge suit does not have as many features as the HOG but for an entry level dry diver or for my GF who will never do wreck penetration or caves it is a great buy. And you have the option of putting pockets on as we did hers. One thing as well to consider with a well cared for drysuit is that should you decide you don't like it or want to upgrade you can sell the other one for a much greater percentage of purchase price over a wetsuit. I would not pay more than $100 for any used wetsuit. period. But my first drysuit was an OS Systems suit that with undies cost me 1600 bucks. Five years later and nearly 200 dives on it I sold it for $625.

I have about 11 dives on my HOG suit now with no problems. The boots are soft, but they have not been an issue for me on any of my dives. They do feel a little funny with the new fins, but I probably just have to get used to them.

I was just on a boat and did 4 dives dry and it was worth it. A few years ago I did a 3 dive boat wet and I was almost frozen on the 3rd dive.

Now if I could only find a reliable and repeatable way to route my p-valve hose I would be much happier :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom