Experiences with Pattaya DCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All,
I dive with Real Divers out of Jomtien, near Pattaya. I have done a fair amount of dives & learning with this dive center and would recommend them to everyone, both new and experienced. Their level of experience and teaching ability really is 2nd to none. Since the brothers that own and run the center were instrumental in much of the diving industry in that area it really is no suprise. They give good sites and very good knowledge.
As for the area, yes I agree there are 'better' places to dive, Fiji is incredible for instance. However for learning (both the diving AND the business side) and experiencing different conditions I would say diving off Pattaya is one of the better places to go.

Hi All,
I dive with Real Divers out of Jomtien, near Pattaya. I have done a fair amount of dives & learning with this dive center and would recommend them to everyone, both new and experienced. Their level of experience and teaching ability really is 2nd to none. Since the brothers that own and run the center were instrumental in much of the diving industry in that area it really is no suprise. They give good sites and very good knowledge.
As for the area, yes I agree there are 'better' places to dive, Fiji is incredible for instance. However for learning (both the diving AND the business side) and experiencing different conditions I would say diving off Pattaya is one of the better places to go.

Looks like these guys are doing something right.
Another recomendation. Nice to see it, a Pattaya shop with happy customers.

They are indeed. Also they do a Pay as you go Internship! how cool is that?

As opposed to paying out the full amount and pretty much saying good bye to the money if something prevents you from completing the course.

For myself, I dont know of anywhere else that does that. Seems to be a pretty good idea and the best thing for someone who may be over for different periods of time.

As opposed to paying out the full amount and pretty much saying good bye to the money if something prevents you from completing the course.

Yes the good old Pattaya, under any circumstances 'NO REFUNDS' policy. This sounds like a very fair way for all concerned.

I have just looked at their website and that looks excellent, at last do we have a shop that actually wants its customers to go away happy. I wish them well.

But judging by the poor state of their competitors, sounds like they wont need my wishes.

Keep it up.

Their pay as you go internships are not unique. We've had one for quite some time:

Maybe you have, but all the reccomendations seem to be for Real Divers at the moment.

Should I wish to visit a Pattaya dive shop, currently there is no question which one I would chose.

You can add what ever letters you like to a title. Every time I would go for the shop that is getting the recomendations, as generally that means they must be treating their customers well, and giving value for money.

Dove with Mermaids IV boat out of Samae San to the Hardeep today. Very professional dive briefing, planning and execution. There were no Instructor or DM interns there. Would definitely dive with them again although I think I want to try Real Divers now that they are diving there too.

Well l like diving in pattaya they have so many dive sites and wrecks to explore plus Dive teams who look the part and have good local knowledge not like some dirty beach hippy like i saw on Phi Phi .Koh Chang had nice vis but packed out dive sites and they only have a few good one's Puket is so over rated not worth the time unless you do the liverboard .Koh Tao was a great place to dive but its not as cheap to stay there .So my advice is if you dont like Pattaya go some where else and stop your moaning getting very boring .Harry

No but they use Mermaids CDC who are much bigger and have the best IE pass rate here in Pattaya than your dive school , you might know or not they can take you from 0 to Divemaster you dont need a CDC for that !!!!!! also i have heard they are going 5 star very soon so is that all you can say about them they are not a CDC lol .Their pay as you go is so much better than your's read it pay as you go not put a hugh amonut of $$$ down before you start the internship.Harry

Scuba Harry

I noticed out of your 23 posts 20 of them were an advertisement for Real Divers.

Have you changed to Mermaid now?

Back
Top Bottom