Experiences with Pattaya DCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ringo had it right, WOW.

Potential customers often research forums before visiting a new destination Scuba board will come up high in those web searches.

Reading from a disgruntled customer is one thing but then reading the almost schoolboy taunting between dive store managers/owners, is both embarrasing and harmfull for Pattaya diving as a whole.

Im sure padi love seeing there logo proudly being displayed next to such negative adverstising.

I agree Stiggy and if I could delete it, I would. Let myself get carried away in the moment.

If you feel you got a bad deal that day you should have come into the shop and spoke to the management, we would have worked with you to find a happy compromise.
I am still prepared to work with you, to show you we do care about our customers.
I would like to offer you another day out on the boat as a DSD free of charge :)

Thanks for the offer of a free DSD but I shall decline thanks. I have limited time from work and whilst I am not rich my spare time is more important than a few thousand baht.
Your behaviour on this forum does not lead me to believe I will be treated in a more proffesional manner than I was last time, should I take you up on your offer.
I have no desire to risk wasting another weekend.

Thanks for the offer of a free DSD but I shall decline thanks. I have limited time from work and whilst I am not rich my spare time is more important than a few thousand baht.
Your behaviour on this forum does not lead me to believe I will be treated in a more proffesional manner than I was last time, should I take you up on your offer.
I have no desire to risk wasting another weekend.

by "my behaviour" you mean being kind enough to offer you and even the LK a free day? :)

I have reviewed your comments and the only real complaint you have is we came back late.
I have no control over the wildlife or visibility, and any diver can tell you that you can dive the same dive site on different days and one day you may have 10m vis and see turtles, seahorses and octopuses, and then the next time 2m vis and see only the reef, it is just how it is.
We do not issue complete sets of gear to DSDs they all use the same sets in small groups, you were never told it would be any other way.
The average dive time for a DSD is 30 minutes, sometimes the diver breaths their air faster and for safety reasons we MUST cut the dive short, and you claim it was 25 minutes are you sure it was not a little bit more, or do you remember if you air gauge was reading 50 bar?
You are complaining about us being professional and keeping you safe from harm?
And for your information we have a 100% safety record.
Your other comments were obviously just hyperbole as we have more than 10 tanks, not enough snorkels (no one else complained) the equipment is standard Scuba Pro rental gear that you will find in 90% of DCs worldwide, some of the older more tatty wet suits do come out on those busy days again that is normal not to have 40 pristine wet suits when our average load is 15-25 divers
Surly you can appreciate that everything runs a bit slower on busy days that is normal of all activities and businesses I have experience of, from boarding aeroplane to ordering a meal in my favourite restaurant, you would expect on a busy day for things to take a bit longer.

From the sheer number of upgrades from DSD to Open Water, and the steady flow of repeat customers we get I know my staff do an excellent job.

If you were out on the day I think you were, the 2nd of January, all the other DSDs upgraded to Open Water we had I think 9 Open Water courses on the 3rd all DSDs from the day before, so If you were wondering why I am standing by my staff, that's why. We did give you all that was promised except the lateness, and that was in part some customers not being ready in the morning and holding up the driver for half and hour again we have no control over people just not being ready on time.
And I can not find any day in the past 2 weeks the boat came back at 6:30, that is after sunset and the the taxi boats we use to ferry the customers from our boat to the shore knock off at 5:30-6:00 pm, so if we came back at 6:30 it would have been to the pier and we did not use the pier for disembarkation so far this year. So it is just more negative hyperbole you got back nearer to 5:30 NOT 6:30, you are making all this fuss over an hour or so, not much in the big scheme of things?

A free day out is more than appropriate compensation, come on come back out for a nice day out there is no risk, we get a lot of Bangkok divers that get the bus down in the morning and the bus back in the afternoon it can be done in a day trip you don't have to gamble the entire weekend just one day, come on what are you waiting for? :)

Ringo had it right, WOW.

Potential customers often research forums before visiting a new destination Scuba board will come up high in those web searches.

Reading from a disgruntled customer is one thing but then reading the almost schoolboy taunting between dive store managers/owners, is both embarrasing and harmfull for Pattaya diving as a whole.

Im sure padi love seeing there logo proudly being displayed next to such negative adverstising.

You're dead right , Stiggy, why is it only the Padi boys having a go.

I know the SSI'ers are a bit lazy,it's in their nature, but a bit of forum fun shouldn't stretch them too much. They could use spell-check or ask their Padi mates to help

Spell check isnt the issue , Its the fat fingers..:D

I guess its only you boys and girls having a go as we are still training our lot how to read and write.

Either that or our lot are to busy with real customers and not the cyber ones.

Spell check isnt the issue , Its the fat fingers..:D

I guess its only you boys and girls having a go as we are still training our lot how to read and write.

Either that or our lot are to busy with real customers and not the cyber ones.

Point taken, I'm bored in England turning into a real forum diver, it must be horrible doing it full time.

But into the English Channel in 2 months, can't wait

Back
Top Bottom