External Strobe for HPR817

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willow12233

Reaction score
Last summerI purchased a HPR817 and the underwater case. I am now trying to find an external strobe for the camera, but I don't know where to look since HP doesn't make one. I went to the dive store today, but he didn't know how the flash would be synced so he couldn't help me. I was hoping that someone here could help. I am not an expert in photography, but I do want to learn alot more. Thanks for your time.

katie

The Strobe Finder

Find out about compatible strobes from Reef Photo - ryan@reefphoto.com

I can't say as I've ever seen any HP cameras with strobes attached so don't know for sure. Assume the "standards" - Ike and Inon and Sea & Sea - can be made to work.

Fantasea's Nano strobe and tray packages would work very well with your little camera and are affordable. It has a guide number of 12 with 3 manual settings and syncs using a fiber optic cord. It will work with most all cameras as it has several modes of pre-flash that it can sync with. It can also be used out of water when you are shooting a group of folks or something and need more light!

See: Nano Strobe Sets

More on the strobe: Nano Strobe

Jack

Back
Top Bottom