Fabulous February Singles Scubadiving Fling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreck Wench

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello to all!

Any and every single, non-married diver is welcome to join us on the "Fabulous February Singles Scubadiving Fling" coming to the board this week!

We've been finalizing details and I hope to have them all published by the end of this week.

Here's what we have so far....

1. Feb (not the weekend of the 8th per a request)

2. Divers will be able to stay for 4 or 7 days so that people coming in from a longer distance can make the trip worth their while!

3. We will need between 10 and 20 divers to make this work so please recruit divers for the trip....both on and off the board. (When you recruit divers from off the board...invite them to join the board and see what they've been missing!)

4. Final pricing will not be able to be published on the board but will be available via email link or PM.

5. We will be planning a number of 'get acquainted' activities for everyone so mingling will be easy and getting to know other single divers will be fun!

6. We are aiming for half female and half male diver composition so PLEASE help us recruit single female divers! They will have a ball we guarantee it!

7. We will be able to accommodate both experienced as well as new divers with boats designed to match your diving skills and desires! (Not sure we can guarantee equal number of males and females on each boat....but we can certainly match up skill levels....the rest we'll leave to you!)

I've had lots of requests from people wanting information on the trip so I decided to let you all know it is a 'GO' and we'll have the final pricing this week. I can only tell you that the wait will be worth it if we can finalize all the details we are working on right now!!! (The lingering downswing in the economy will mean some very limited diving specials for the next few months only so our timing of February is just on the cut off for winter/holiday rate specials!)

Feel free to post questions or PM with your interest in the trip!

Count me in as I mentioned before, just shoot me a PM or email when you have the details.

Deb

I seem to remember discussion about Florida. Are you thinking the Keys, or elsewhere?

Other brief discussion was Cozumel. Great diving, but can't get there from here.

Hi Scuba Guys and Gals!

I'm just waiting on a few more details to be worked out and we'll have ALL the trip details. Currently I've had a few folks ask that it not be the weekend of the 7-8th of Feb nor the last weekend of the month.

That leaves Feb 14th weekend and Feb 21st weekend. Does anyone else have preferences for either of those two weekends as they are both open right now and they are the two I'm trying to decide between!

Thanks for the input....hope to see you all diving soon!

i was in coz this year on 14th and it wasnt that bad so either date would be fine for me, but i would prefer to have the 21st.

drew your kidding me right, no flights from GCM to CZM other then the slow loud boat.

Dan

WreckWench,

Your sign off says Looks like FLORIDA is the destination....IF not too cold...

Can you explain to this Canadian diver what "too cold" means to you? :)

Diverlady

I think The Wench is trying to think of the majority feeling. If she was sponsoring a trip for Canadians only, she'd probably not worry as much, but since she expects the majority to be fom the lower 48 - she's trying to go with that approach. Or that's the jest of our PMs over this exacty subject.

When she does get the details announce, you Candaians and other penguin types can look forward to warm waters! You'll probably wear a dive skin while I'm diving in a 3 mil.

I'm certainly going, from what I've heard so far!!
:sprint:
don

Okay, so I probably wouldn't need my drysuit is what you're saying.

So what are you expecting water temps to be? Air temps? I have no idea what it's like there in February.

Here? Well, we'll be cutting a hole through about 2-3ft of ice with a chainsaw and playing upside down hockey on the ice!! It's hard to keep the puck on the ice though. Gravity gets in the way. :D

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom