Fabulous February Singles Scubadiving Fling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dandydon once bubbled...
(Y'all's PM buttons broken?) :jump:

Spoke with The Wench this morning, and she almost has the packages ready to look at, but things keep slipping out of focus. Kinda' like penning cattle with a couple of mavericks in the bunch. You'll approach the corral and, one of the mavs will cut out; you'll cut it back in, and a mav on the other side will cut out; been there many times.

Sounds like a good 'old fashion goat rodeo....

Drew Sailbum once bubbled...

Am I the only one who will be wearing a thicker than normal wetsuit? Gotta' break out the full 3mm for the cold water of Florida.

No Drew. The way things are going, I may have to have a full 3 mil suit for FL that time of the year as well. Just got back from diving in south Florida (Deerfield Beach/Boca Raton), and with a dive skin and shorty, I wasn't warm. A 3 mil wouldn't have been overkill.

Daryl

Daryl,

Water temps were 82° F last weekend. In February, they'll likely be about 10 degrees cooler at the same location.

Also, the trip might not be to Florida.

Yikes - 72 degrees!

Ah, good point Walter. The trip might not be in Florida. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Now if I can only convince someone that they want to go on this trip - I will be doing well.

Walter once bubbled...
Daryl,

Water temps were 82° F last weekend. In February, they'll likely be about 10 degrees cooler at the same location.

72 ain't too bad. I hate I mean HATE cold water. But I do dive in the 72 degree springs here with a 2 piece 3 mm suit and I usually don't start getting cold until the end of the 2nd dive. Don't get me wrong...I would much rather dive the warmer waters of West Palm or the Keys (my more realistic dive spots), in just my farmer Jane, but 72 is doable.

Just some info,
Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

Who knows what The Wench :blondie: will come up with. Think she got sidetracked, but I'm sure she'll resume the lead any day now.

If Florida Keys in February, it could be a bit cooler than preferred, but still fun. If it's 72 F at the surface and cooler below the thermocline on the wreck dives, I'll wear my 1 mil skin, my 3 mil long, my neoprene beanie, and a smile. :) Big smile! :crest:

Air fare to Florida should be pretty reasonable in February, should we go there, and many will see that as a drive in dive site. Probably get a lot more participants than we would in the Caribben somewere. I dived there in March last year, and it was super.

I guess we'll know soon, though? :question:

don :boogie:

Hello to all!

First let me apologize for the delay in getting this trip put together. I'm in the process of moving my mother from N. Idaho where she has lived for 30 years to Texas to be with my sister and I, now that my father has passed away. It seems that everyday brings a new mini-crisis and each week a major one with a closing in Idaho and simultaneous closing in Texas not to mention coordinating 2 long distance moves. The first closing was to be this week but has hit one problem after another...is it a sign???? We can't tell but no one wants my mom to weather another winter by herself in the great white wintery northwest! We can only delay the first closing so much or else we can't do the second and of course juggle movers in the middle. Just when I think it can't get any worse....it does.

In the meantime just when I think I've got a GREAT trip all worked out I run into a glitch that either delays my posting the trip or changes the mix. Trying to get an operator that will allow half to do a week and half to do only 4 days is challenging enough but add other factors such as proximity to good airfares if we use a package....has kept the trip still in the air. And finally...S. Florida especially WPB or Keys is pricey in the winter but warmer water and hopefully air temps. Cozy is the other option as it will be summer like there in Feb but airfare is an issue for some.

At this rate....assuming my sanity holds...I hope to have 2 homes sold.....2 moves underway.....and a great dive trip option all firmed by the end of this week!!! Wishful thinking???? Yep....just call me 'lucky'!!! :wink: And if you don't.....don't call at all!! I've had my share of bad luck....bad news....and bad breaks....for 2003! ww

Kosh once bubbled...
Yikes - 72 degrees!

My GOD!! The water's going to be that hot!! That's like soup!!

Yep - I'm Canadian!

Diverlady

for the record - I was diving a 4mil wetsuit in water 57F.
No problemo!!

diverlady once bubbled...

My GOD!! The water's going to be that hot!! That's like soup!!

Yep - I'm Canadian!

Diverlady

for the record - I was diving a 4mil wetsuit in water 57F.
No problemo!!

They just don't understand.

John F

Walter once bubbled...
Daryl,

72 degrees... whoo hoooo - more drysuit diving...! I don't know about the rest of you - but I think I'd get better bouyancy in the drysuit with minimal underwear vs. a 3mm....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom