Fall 2007 Meet-n-Greet "Who's bringing what" List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay folks, Meet and Greet is literally just around the corner so it's time to decide what you're going to bring and put it in this thread.
Without further ado, let's see what you're bringing! (I still can't confirm I'm coming)

Ber :lilbunny:

Not quite sure how these Meet n Greet things work. It sounds like everyone is expected to bring some sort of passing dish??? It appears to me that you have a Saturday meal???? Does this Meet n Greet involve any diving???

Sorry for all the questions I am kinda new to this stuff.

Divin' Hoosier:
Pretty simple actually. You're supposed to bring food, we're supposed to eat it!

I won't be able to make the fall M&G so the motor home will NOT be available.:sad:

I won't be able to make the fall M&G so the motor home will NOT be available.:sad:

Bummer! I was looking forward to finally meeting you Jim. Hopefully next year.

I'll be camping and bringing a small propane grill, two burner propane stove and certainly food to share. Haven't decided exactly what I'll bring to share yet. I'll wait and see what others are bringing before I decide.

I just purchased the Kiebasa and horseradish and it will be ready for the grill this weekend.. I also bought a new sleeping bag so I won't freeze my butt off like at the Spring M & G. I'm bringing a two burner stove, 5 gal. water container, and some odds and ends camping stuff. Without the bunkhouse there, is somebody bringing a charcoal grill; the Kielbasa needs real fire. If I need to bring anything else like chopped onions, other condiments, buns, etc., let me know ASAP. I'll purchase a load of campfire wood when I get there on Fri.

I have a feeling we are going to be a little thin this Fall, but as usual, we'll still have a great time. I found out that there will be another group at Gilboa for their "Fun Dive Weekend"; maybe we will meet some new divers. I was suppose to video an UW wedding on the 29th from this group, but the minister can't make it for some reason. Dang! I thought Gilboa and I would have our first UW wedding and we would all be guest and have another reason to celebrate on Sat. night. Really looking forward to seeing you all on Fri. or Sat. Have a safe trip.

I'll bring burgers, buns, both sausage and hamburger, ketchup, mustard and miracle whip to share over the weekend. I'll also have some chips. I'll also be making coffee every morning and I'll also have a caraf to keep a pot warm throughout the day. I need a cup or two after lunch too! I'll have half-n-half and sugar for the coffee. If you want coffee, you'll be welcome to it. I prefer actually perced coffee, and I will make multiple pots each morning if need be. I use freshly ground coffee, and I like it strong! Everyone will be welcome to some, but I won't be bringing mugs (except for mine :D), so bring your own mug if you'd like coffee.

Denny ... that'll cover the buns for the sausage and condements. We still need onions for those that want them on their sausage and a charcoal grill.

I'll bring burgers, buns, both sausage and hamburger, ketchup, mustard and miracle whip to share over the weekend. I'll also have some chips. I'll also be making coffee every morning and I'll also have a caraf to keep a pot warm throughout the day. I need a cup or two after lunch too! I'll have half-n-half and sugar for the coffee. If you want coffee, you'll be welcome to it. I prefer actually perced coffee, and I will make multiple pots each morning if need be. I use freshly ground coffee, and I like it strong! Everyone will be welcome to some, but I won't be bringing mugs (except for mine :D), so bring your own mug if you'd like coffee.

Denny ... that'll cover the buns for the sausage and condements. We still need onions for those that want them on their sausage and a charcoal grill.

Coffee?? You're my new best friend! :)

Since my last post was moderated for being off topic.......

I will be bringing Tex Mex and dipping chips, a new dip that Ted will not be able to try but will need the recipe for, SIR Smores, a cooler with ice, a grill to go, propane, a ten person tent, three camp cots, chairs, an XL Balance BC for sale, a ML OS drysuit for sale, a childrens size wetsuit and a ScubaPro 7mill semi-dry wetsuit XXL, my enclosed dive trailer and a canopy. Oh , I also have some plates, napkins, cups and what not from previous Meet & Greet events.

I will also have my camera which I hope to get in the water so that we can have some record of the diving.

I will also need to fill in for Ted so I have been collecting a 5 gallon pail of sarcasm to be dispensed through out the course of the day.

Projected arrival is for Saturday morning as my oldest has a football game on Friday night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom