Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone brining any FRS Radios? Might be a good way to stay in touch...

I don't think we've ever seen the need...throughout the day, people pair up and go dive, and most amble back around by lunchtime, again at dinner, then again when the fire goes up....

If anyone really needs to find someone else, we launch a homing pigeon with a message attached at the ankle with Ken's trebuchet. Not the greatest aim, which is why we use the pigeon.

As for stuff to bring for the day, bring water for yourself. :)

For all the new people
Dont forget a chair for around the fire and a dive light for the night dives.
I'm sure we will have a few extra lights but here your chance to use yours.

For those thinking about attending and are still on the fence
WE DONT BITE and you will want to attend every Mega-dive after this.
ALL ARE WELCOME.

To all the grizzled mega-dive veterans, we can't wait to see everyone again.
I can almost hear Andy singing now. :11:

We should arrive late afternoon on Friday

I've got a truck bed full of wood

You too?

OK, everyone, I think that the firewood situation is well under control. I have been collecting scrap lumber from jobsites for the past couple of weeks. Now tonight I proceeded to cut up the long pieces and load it all into the back of my truck. By the time I was done, I had half of the back of my big pickup full, so we will have a hard time using all that we will have.

deepnOva, just bring whatever you might want to drink, water or soda or what have you. Maybe some snacks for lunch, as we don't have anything official planned for a noon meal.

My truck is loaded with firewood, dive gear, tents, camp chairs, tiki torches, beer, tarps, lanterns, hot dog wires, and I don't remember everything. I should be there at or before noon, setting up the campsite, and then starting off the MegaDive by, well, DIVING!

It is my intention to never let my hair completely dry this weekend. If it looks like it is getting dried out, hand me a tank and a reg, and throw me in the water.

I will see everyone tomorrow!

mynamehere, we haven't set up any kind of mailing list, but if you check in on this subforum every couple of weeks, you will have PLENTY of advance notice. The planning threads usually get started 2 or 3 months ahead of the actual date. There are 2 of these events every year, one in the spring, and one in the fall. If you can make it out this weekend, I think that I can promise that you won't regret it.

Enjoy the weekend y'all.

You too?

OK, everyone, I think that the firewood situation is well under control. I have been collecting scrap lumber from jobsites for the past couple of weeks. Now tonight I proceeded to cut up the long pieces and load it all into the back of my truck. By the time I was done, I had half of the back of my big pickup full, so we will have a hard time using all that we will have.

deepnOva, just bring whatever you might want to drink, water or soda or what have you. Maybe some snacks for lunch, as we don't have anything official planned for a noon meal.

My truck is loaded with firewood, dive gear, tents, camp chairs, tiki torches, beer, tarps, lanterns, hot dog wires, and I don't remember everything. I should be there at or before noon, setting up the campsite, and then starting off the MegaDive by, well, DIVING!

It is my intention to never let my hair completely dry this weekend. If it looks like it is getting dried out, hand me a tank and a reg, and throw me in the water.

I will see everyone tomorrow!

David:
My schedule is to fly out of DCA (Reagan Natl) around 8:30 and get into Jax around 11...Then it's rush to Luraville and get Mania's tanks. :confused:
Then off to Ginnie...
I may delay the store bit until later.

See ya tomorrow before 5 PM.

Thanks!
Silt Slug

Ah, back in glorious Gainesville! Spent an hour teaching my brother geometry in the driveway with chalk becuase he has a test tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I wake up, play my forlorn drumset for an hour or two, try to eat lunch with old coworkers, stop by my old school and teach a class (the class I used to teach...current teacher offered me $5 if I teach it tomorrow :) ), pack up, and go to sleep. I'll be out at Ginnie early on Saturday.

Hey ya'll.. (if this post makes no sense, its vocka induced!!)
MANIA IS HERE!!!!!! Hermit Crab, Jessica (we need a Conch name for her( and I picked Manai up fro, tthe airport,a nd as usual, I forgot how much dive gear there is! However, her rental is BIG so we will take advantage of it... er, I mean, we accomadate her! LOL
Current.y she is sleeping, and I am tryin to type (why am I here???,,, oh, yeah, sun pass stuff). A couple pills in the AM and I am good to work while Jessica and Hermit Crab play hookey from school and kniving about pill0w fights. I think Mania is sleeping too... That polish Vocka is good! :)
WHOOO HOOO!!! Giinnie Sporings here we come!!!!
Who has the rum?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom