Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strangest thing. Back when I first started diving, I tried a drift dive down the river and became entangled in the aquatic vegetation. It was all the way up to the surface over much of the river. As I have been drifting the river over the past few years, I have never seen the growth in anything approaching that amount. Now it seems as though it is growing back. Does anyone have any idea as to the cause of it growing/not growing?

Last I'd heard, there's a poisonous bacteria like red tide that is found in litigational flatulence that tends to kill back ALL vegetation. This was quite evident in Ginnie Springs' cave system as there are NO plants ANYWHERE in the caves!!!!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Last I'd heard, there's a poisonous bacteria like red tide that is found in litigational flatulence that tends to kill back ALL vegetation. This was quite evident in Ginnie Springs' cave system as there are NO plants ANYWHERE in the caves!!!!

(er.....)
:( :( :( :( :(
(not litigational however)

Rock Slug

DEEPSEAWOLF:
litigational flatulence <<<< you made me think them thar isin a bigin werd:rofl3:

I decided to kick the thread from ATL Airport.
OK , I'm bored waiting for my flight ... :dork2:

Da Beano

P.S. Note: The flow is increasing in Ginnie (Devils). But the river is still nice and warm.

scubafool:
Me like flow. Is the vis holding?

The Vis is holding JUST FINE , my friend !
I was diving with TWO guys with 21 watt lights this last weekend. They stuck me in the cradle (the middle) and I could have just shut my light off , ya know.
It was like having a flood light in front , and one in back.
But in Ginnie's big tunnels , (especially the Big Room) , it was just awesome !

Da Bean (temporarily in Canton Ohio)

P.S. Keep this in mind also ... I have been doing some er , caving in Manatee (upstream). I'll tell ya about it when I see you. :D

Let see....
Grandma's and slapping ...
Yard darts... :D
And I'm STUCK in Cleveland waiting for a flight to Florida ... (erp)

Of course , I took one of my "flying" pills , which is WHY the above post is there.

I apologize for the , er , total nonsense of this message.

And now , back to your regular Fl Conch Weekend Dive Discussion.

Da Beano looking for Drew Carey in the CLE airport ... (EEK) :dork2:

gerber, flatten, dweezil, capers, kitten, fancy fresh, gibblejester, dinglehoffer, GORBENHEIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
korbel, hamster, booster seats and bicklebobs.... FREEGIN SCNITZLE!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh a case of monster does a body good, good goood gooooood GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

P.S.- Where's tha rum?!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom