Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a new bottle of rum. :DDid not know what kind to get, there are a lot of choices. I asked store operator, " what type of rum would pirates drink if they were at sea" :dork2:he handed me a bottle and gave me a weird look. I just said "do not ask":D

Hey ya'll.. (if this post makes no sense, its vocka induced!!)
MANIA IS HERE!!!!!! Hermit Crab, Jessica (we need a Conch name for her( and I picked Manai up fro, tthe airport,a nd as usual, I forgot how much dive gear there is! However, her rental is BIG so we will take advantage of it... er, I mean, we accomadate her! LOL
Current.y she is sleeping, and I am tryin to type (why am I here???,,, oh, yeah, sun pass stuff). A couple pills in the AM and I am good to work while Jessica and Hermit Crab play hookey from school and kniving about pill0w fights. I think Mania is sleeping too... That polish Vocka is good! :)
WHOOO HOOO!!! Giinnie Sporings here we come!!!!
Who has the rum?

OH boy ... :confused:
It's already started. (kind of figured that)

Well , I am sitting in DCA (Washington , Ronald Regan International)
waiting for my flight to JAX.

See you all early this afternoon.

Silt Slug

My son and I will be there around 9am Sat. He's really looking forward to it. He is newly certified and this will be his firt Scubaboard event.:jump: I was at the mega dive last Oct and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the newbies. :giveusahu I am bringing some drinks and snacks. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it so I will also bring some paper plates, plastic forks and paper towels. Though I'm sure no one in the group would have any problems eating with their hands and cleaning up in the river if necessary :wink:

I will be brining a 10X10 Pop up to stay in the shade and out of the weather. Which is a reminder to keep your eyes to the west looks like some weather may be coming in from north Florida. I'll also be brining some home made cookies and brownies and will have a cooler with some water and soda.

i know y'all are having a blast!

hugs to everyone, and a round of songs for matt.

maybe in the spring!!

To those who didn't come- you missed out! Great food, great company, and cold water! It was great meeting everyone who showed. Can't wait for the next event...

Just got home. I have to download and edit the pictures. Had a great time meeting most everyone and diving with you all. Dennis you did good organizing everyone, course then there were the two stragglers on the drift dive down the river that wasn't your fault. The galaxy dive was great and Dennis did a great job organizing everyone for it also. I did have to hit a dinner for the earlier bird special to be ready in time. Also us older folks did take a nap in the late afternoon between dives 3 and galaxy 4.

There are incriminating pictures to follow:D:D Previews to come, well known female DIR diver from southeast Florida with MOF, Foreign dignitary wearing shells and grass skirt, diver from southeast Florida with snorkel for cavern dive, Infamous cave diver singing Dillon, geetar player with sheep. There was also the Insane Asylum that was accepting new applicants. Will accept bribes to aid in editing process.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Naw I don't think so:popcorn:

Dennis you did good organizing everyone, course then there were the two stragglers on the drift dive down the river that wasn't your fault.

Hey, Jenny and I were getting pictures like this:
2686656020102068732S425x425Q85.jpg

As for the Galaxy dive, I actually had a few good pictures come out.
2238399450102068732S425x425Q85.jpg

and this:
2291071530102068732S425x425Q85.jpg

I did have to do some "slight" contrast editing to be able to see well in a lit room.
And these pictures don't come anywhere near doing justice to a Galaxy Dive. You have to see and experience one to understand.

We are off to pick up the litluns. Dave, Thank you very much for taking over the megadive plannings. It was really nice to be able to kick back and just relax. Next trip I hope to be able to be diving instead of driving. I want to see some more pix! Where are Keith and Jennifer's pix? They took some awesome shots of the first night.
It was a great event. I am looking forward to the Spring megadive. I'll also be coming to the Venice TG Turkey Dive. Is there a thread starting on that somewhere yet?

Man was that a good Megadive! Met some people I'd never met before, like floridadivelover (?) and 427Dave, and Mania! Got in several dives, I think my trim and bouyancy skills are improving, if ever so slightly. Polish vodka burns my throat but it would have been nice to have when pulling off the wetsuit after the ever-so-amazing Galaxy Dive, and it was a wonderful swig of culture!

The picnic table is a surprisingly comfortable bed, it's softer than the one in my dorm room. :)

Just as most of my gear had dried of this afternoon, it rained. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom