Votes: 1 1.3%
  • SMB

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I luse a headlamp, but frankly it's not powerful enough, sometimes depending on what you are doing it is great to be able to free up both hands

My fave accessory is my wrist mounted dive computer, what a cool device! < zeN||

n2diving once bubbled...
Diving in the Mid-Atlantic within 15 miles of the coast in relativly shallow water down to about 70fsw, limited viz can be a real problem. This year 10 foot of viz is about the norm. I don't leave the anchor line until I've tied my wreck reel off to something near-by. Makes the "Limited Viz" dive far less stressful knowing I can find the anchor line / boat at the end of the dive. :confused:

Bmer
Thats a great idea- thirty divers all tying wreckreels to the anchor line. I come aross that tangled mess and I'd cut it.

Check out Desert Star systems "Dive Tracker". Its the next best thing to sliced bread. I have used there transponder/reciever setup for about 6 or 8 years now. Just head of the boat in any direction, pop it out- turn it on ( have it clipped on a retracter reel and stored in a side BC pocket; size of a coke can). I don't care how far you are away from the boat (good up to 4000ft!) come up of the reefs a bit to clear for a stronger signal, spin 360* and it will give you an LED readout of aprox dist and a 15* span of direction back to the boat- center the 15* span and swim back to the boat ( I pop it out usually at around 1400-1200psi just to make sure its working and I can get a preliminary scan on the boat direction to see where I'm at based on depth and terraine. As long as I get a comfortable reading as to where I'm at, I will then burn the tank down to aprox1000- 800 while working spots back in that direction, then if down to1000- 800 (psi changes if deeper of course, but I am usually fairly shallow towards the end of the dive - maybe 50 ft on average head back direct- gives me proper ascent angle also.( Note: I am a solo diver and also use a 19cf pony)

Best part of this accessory is the reaction I get from other divers underwater when I come across them heading back in towards the boat- the comments deckside are always "where the hell did you come from"- they generally have seen me head out in a different direction then I return.

I have to say that I achieved new levels of comfort when I started diving with a custom-molded Seacure mouthpiece on my 2nd stage.

The reg feels sooooo good in my mouth, and no more malocclusion at the end of a dive!

Ron

zeN|| once bubbled...
Pepsi-nice, what did the device set you back? zeN
I friend of mine is on the Costa Mesa S.W.A.T. team and has a resale licence to sell tactical gear- he gets me things cheaper than this. Each unit cost me $207, not $259. You what the Sport unit- not the Scout.

Truth Aquatics here in So Cal has the tranponders in the hull of all three of their boats- nice, I don't have to hang my transponder overboard with them. Everyone else I do- I just take an outside deck spot and clip it tetherd to a rope cliped to my deck spot tank band area- This way when I finish a dive and mark my tank for fill, I pull up the transponder each time.

http://www.desertstar.com/newsite/sport/order.html

Otter once bubbled...
Thank you Laguna Beach for making it a $50 fine for not having a snorkel :rolleyes:

Bitter, party of one, your table is ready.:wink:

Actually, I like my game bag, cause it means I'm gonna have an excellent lunch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom