Votes: 1 1.3%
  • SMB

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think my favorite accessory would have to be my snorkel. There is nothing quite like swimming out, with my face in the water looking at my compass, and moving large volumes of air through a small diameter tube that makes me appreciate diving (vs. snorkeling) more than that little piece of plastic that constantly gets in the way when I reach for my inflator.

Otter

Well maybe its really my UK C4 flashlight I use for looking in little nooks and cranies....but the snorkel has to be a close second :bonk: Thank you Laguna Beach for making it a $50 fine for not having a snorkel :rolleyes:

I used to think my favorite gadget was my erasable slate.
we always use that one, but I recently found a underwater laser pointer
that really is cool.
It lets me point out that little thing of interest to my dive buddy, where I used to have to point, and make odd gestures with my hands, in order to get her to understand what I was pointing
at, now all I do is get her attention, (which is sometimes hard to do) and point my light right near what I want to show her. (don't want to blind any critters)
One other item that works great, and as far as I know, has not been improved upon, is a simple caribiner for getting your buddys attention. works great, and never breaks either.

:D My Camera would be my favorite choice only because my wife has not wanted to dive the last few years. I almost always have a knife, mesh bag, safety sausage & light when diving and consider them more like tools and safety items I need to have with me to ensure a good dive. I should carry a small slate and an SMG would be nice if I owned one, if anyone reading this has an extra SMG you can give it to me, I'll take it!
Have a nice dive everyone!

Hello,

As for favorite 'accessory' that's a hard one. it cant' be my cameras because that's a must have. I dont' use a dive light so I can't say that. A few options: GPS, buck tuburon knife, emt shears, spare mask just to name a few.

Ed

For a thousand bucks, it had better be my 18w HID dive light :D

Seriously though, the light ties in with the game bag, and after two hours of hunting bugs, the pee valve comes in VERY handy.

IOTW: WATER would be my favorite accessory... salt or fresh, no matter :)

It's kind of hard to pick one, but at the moment it's the SBM as I only just got one, very easy to do a safety stop with the marker at the surface and me at 3-5m.

Make a great difference in the oceam with nothing to use and a height guide.

But then again I love my dive com, and my BC and regulators and ... and ... well I just love diving.

=-)

bakpakka once bubbled...
Anyone ever use a headlamp under water? Are they any good? Seen a few with halogen and xenon lights.
Great way to blind your buddy and it's impossible to signal with them.
No, I don't recommend them. It's a tool for a solo diver only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom