Favorite add-on accessory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveDiver, we have students . . .

I find it interesting that you like the magnetic octo holders. I thought they looked like a fantastic idea, and bought several from Piranha (I'm quite sure they are exactly the same, because apart from the brand logo, they look identical) and found that they simply weren't strong enough to retain regulators. It's a clever idea, but at least for me, they just didn't work as billed.

I built some magnetic holders in the 80s from rare-earth magnets that were great… until I got around a wreck. That baby sucked every bit of loose ferrous crap off that hulk and I never could get it cleaned off. The first one I built was way too strong and had to pry it apart with a knife. The devil is in the details.

In some ways it was very cool and I even considered putting a condom over the magnets so they could be cleaned, but they just got torn up. Here is a good source if anyone wants to experiment:

Rare-Earth Magnet, Cup & Washer Sets - Lee Valley Tools

stainless steel clip

Hey guys,
What's your favorite add-on accessory, aside from the usual knife, lamp and shaker?

A bag to put shakers and other assorted bits and bobs in so they can be left on the boat.

:eyebrow:

a pony bottle

a pony bottle

Yeah but which size pony bottle are we talking about?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311788723.493040.jpg

Speaking of which, does any have a bottle opener in their save-a-dive kit?

peaking of which, does any have a bottle opener in their save-a-dive kit?

yup, it's one of the most used items in there....

Back
Top Bottom