Favorite cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ, we have to get you down to MX one of these days!

Florida: Cow, especially the entrance!

Mexico: Calimba, small, in close, you feel like you're in a movie.

Tough to pick just one in Mexico or the USA. I guess my favorite place to be is in the small tunnel that connects the Sweet Surprise & the Main Land lines in Ginnie. It takes some effort to get to it and to go thru it + it's pretty IMO.

Great pics and very nice info. If you wanted to dive a majestic cave with very high ceiling and a bottomless floor where in USA do you think you can get that dive?

Cow is #1 clay banks are off the hook, like the entrance.
Jug is #2 so pretty and the remoteness not to mention the cavern there is beautiful just to be motionless and enjoy the light show.
Madison #3 pretty cave the fossils in the walls and the glide out.
Ginnie #4 The variety of formations, size of passage, the Eye's tannic / spring water blend is pretty spectacular when the sunlight hits it just right.
Manatee #5 love the flow not to mention the view from Cat Fish swim.

I do not want to diminish what Peacock means to me it is like home cave.
With most of my cave dives either there or OG both have been even though most of my dives always blows my mind and never ceases to see new things. As you look closer more things show themselves.
If anyone would have ever told me Cave diving would become my favorite I would have called them a liar.
I find my dreams, thoughts, and all of my vacation pondering more and more!
How do you know you are different?

When small dark places with strong flow make you excited and rather than get apprehensive.
When the more complicated the dive the more relaxed you become.
When your awareness is sharp focused on aspects of the dive plan as the dive is executed.
When you safely complete a great cave dive and the feeling is amazing and it doesn't leave you!
When you are inside a beautiful wreck at 140' inside the hull and your thoughts drift into a cave!
That is when you know the worm has turned and you are lost forever to the caves!

CamG

#1 Chaplin Cave
#2 Crystal Beach Spring
#3 Citrus Blue
#4 Apopka Blue
#5 Peacock Spring (Calhoun County) not PSSP

Dan's Cave on Abaco Island in the Bahamas is the best I have been in. Just Google some images and especially try to find some of the videos to see what I mean.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom