Favorite Military Sayings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kill them all........let God sort them out.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil .............. for I am the meanest mother****** in the valley.

He who lives by the sword dies by the M16.

If you can't run with the big dogs become an officer.

Smoke em if you got em.

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they made a difference..........Marines don't have that problem.

What ever you have in life you can thank a soldier for it.

The moment you begin to realize how cold, wet, tired, sore, hungry, or lost you are is the moment when you have too much idle time.

If you think your life sucks think about this. You could be speaking German.

Maintenace control asks about the status of one of our aircraft and when it will be ready for flight, the maintenance lead on duty grabs the radio mike and replys "Status Is FUBAR, won't be ready until Oh Beer Thirty". FRUAR = F#@%ed Up Beyond All Repair

Also heard the saying Tango Uniform used quite alot. TU = T#ts Up, ie. belly up, no good, broken.

We had a guy in my unit from Drango, Colorado that seemed to have one for every occasion.

Raining very hard..."It's raining harder then a cow pi#@ing on a flat rock."

Something smells bad..."That smells worse then week old stud pi#@ with the foam farted off.

SNAFU........Situation Normal, All F...ed Up

Fubar...........F...ed-up beyond all Repair

TARFU...........Totally All F...ed UP

DILLIGAF..........Do I Look Like I Give a F...

Fun things to do to Privates

Go to the Plattoon sgt. and get a PRC E-7 or translated Prick E-7

Get some Batteries for chemlights

Go to the motor pool and get Spark Plugs for Hummvees

Squelch Oil for the Radio

Go to the motor pool and count T R double E's and BFR's

Need a box of flight line

Cobra852:
Fun things to do to Privates

Go to the Plattoon sgt. and get a PRC E-7 or translated Prick E-7

Get some Batteries for chemlights

Go to the motor pool and get Spark Plugs for Hummvees

Squelch Oil for the Radio

Go to the motor pool and count T R double E's and BFR's

Need a box of flight line

grid squares

prop wash

the key to the anchor chain locker

tartan paint

"Give me ten to the wind, Air Assault"

"Close up the line, make your buddy smile"

ahh those were the days, and I don't miss any of it :)

Steel on Steel (direct hit)

Splash over ........... splash out (round headed down range)

When you're joking around with a spankin new Lt who has already done something that he and everybody else knows he shouldn't have done (not to mention he/she is suppose to be the one in charge).............."Man, I hate training the new guy" or "Why do I always get stuck with the no gos" or "Don't worry your relief is already on the way" or "Oh a short timer eh".

Addressing newbies......"I've spent more time in the chow line than you have in the military."

Some of the hardest working, selfless, dedicated and best human beings I have ever come to trust with my life were the Officers and NCOs that I served with.

And some of the most incompetent individuals that have ever been put in charge of troops were also there. I once had a CO who couldn't even read a topo. Got us lost everywhere we went, wouldn't listen to anyone else around him either. This is no exaggeration. Thank God he was there and gone again during peace time.

Those commanders that don't listen to their NCOs are doomed from the get go, thankfully yours was gone before he could do some real damage. So far the best compliments that I have received all have come from NCOs saying that I think like an NCO but stay out of their business and let them do their job without micromanaging them or second guessing their every move.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom