Favorite piece of dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one of my favorites, a Pico address USD Mistral, circa 58:

DSCF0221.jpg

This good old Dacor dual bladder BC from the mid 70's:

DSCF0195.jpg

These Teknas are awfully cool:

DSCF0286.jpg

My new Phoenix Voit 50 Fathom maybe?:

DSCF0114.jpg

Or maybe these two Sekonic Marine meters beside my Canon 570 rig:

DSCF0156.jpg

Oh heck, I don't know.

N

My camera. Does that count? :)

Some of you have not closely read the OP I think? We are (were) discussing items not produced anymore, that you would have to buy used to replace, if they can be replaced at all. :)

I think Nemrod is the current leader, with Almitywife in second; if you rank by monetary value.

Some of you have not closely read the OP I think? We are (were) discussing items not produced anymore, that you would have to buy used to replace, if they can be replaced at all. :)
Oh, in this case most of us will excuse... hasn't been that long for me:D

On the Vintage side, would have to be my original Sherwood Magnum (not what they make today). Easy to take apart on the boat. Actually dove it last year and it worked fine. On the new side of this question.. my DSS stainless plate and torus 26 wing. Freedom is what that piece of gear represents...pure freedom. Like hanging from a carnival ride. :)

Happy to have found another SP Mk18/G250HP on ebay to match my primary .. looks to be undived, new in the box, $233 :jump:
Why? because of reading here on SB that it's one of the better breathing regs and it matches my primary

When you want to spin the needle on the depth guage, in this case a Scuba Pro 0-500 foot helium guage, then you will want a Tekna T2100. Notice the full metal second stage, the MkV clone first with turret swivel. I bought this one in 1979 and it and I have been close to 240 feet. It is a great performer at depth.

DSCF0006.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom