Favorite Scuba Related Movie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice list of movies.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned "Men of Honor" which although is not a SCUBA diving movie, is certainly a "diving movie" and a true story and honors Carl Brashear with excellent performances by Robert de Niro and Cuba Gooding, Jr and has Charlize Theron!

"Navy SEALs" is a bit corny, some of the script is a little bit too tongue in cheek (taking into account that Chuck Pfarrer was one of the scriptwiters). Some nice sub exits and an excellent HALO followed by dive insertion.

Bond movies are good from the action point of view, BTW does anyone know where I can get one of those little air tubes about the size of a flute he opens to be able to breath five minutes underwater...handy piece of equipment.

Otherwise, I'm in for The Deep too. Jackie B still looks amazing even today and she must be in her sixties?

Movies (and TV) from the "olden days" that inspired me to dive:

Thunderball
10,000 leagues under the sea
Sea Hunt
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Movies that made me want to start diving again:

The Abyss

Movies I apparently need to see:

Life Nautique (?)
Into the Blue

Open Water is maybe the worst film, also that couple are alive and well living in the Phillipines with the insurance money. The dive boat captain committed suicide thinking he had killed 2 people. Also brought in very scrict government procedures in Oz creating very expensive diving.

Jaws and James Bond are great, and I do like the bit in Into The Blue, where they breathe inside a lift bag!
I find Open Water resembles a little a documentary film.

The true history: Tom and Eileen Lonergan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The deep" (one more...)
"The cave"
Although not SCUBA, I like "The big blue" (life of Jacques Mayol)
There is a movie I don't remember the name, if someone knows which is and how to get a copy I would like to see again, it is a movie about the shipwreck carnatic, in the Red Sea.

In no particular order after #1...

1. Men of Honor
2. The Abyss
3. The Deep
4. The Cave
5. Into the Blue
6. Fools Gold
7. Jaws
8. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
9. Open Water
10.The Life Aquatic

GREAT list, add this