FB posting - standards violations - how many can you pick out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To mark's point:
If NAUI standards are what our limited historical info is, then if this occurred, if seems a clear violation of standards, on a number of points.

CuzzA, Whether the standards make sense is not the question. If this was a CLASS, then they apply.

abnfrog, True, I'd rather have a more recent standard for NTEC. I'll step out.

What? I use an air 2 on every rig and a back mounted pony on all dives except doubles/deco gas dives.
Me too. By get off I meant get off the criticism. Anyway, I guess I'll be seeing you in Air2 hell one of these days when they finally kill us. Though I don't know of one incident where an Air2 killed someone. I have read about divers diving with multiple gasses and regs attached to their body get kilt though. :acclaim:

Re: the spear fishing - at least one of the students (one who posted the profile) had comments on his post that indicated he spearfished. And maybe the instructor as well (pics of him with fish on his FB page).

The backmounted pony the gal has is maybe a 19cft? Hard to tell from the angle, but doesn’t look that large.

I have no issue with the Air2.

Is the tank mounted pony on the side of your back tank or on the back of it?
It's the new backmounting backmount orca configuration. :D

Seriously though, I hope someone fixed that for her. I kind of feel bad about the pic being on here. It is rather embarrassing. I hope they don't find this thread.

I have no issue with the Air2.

Is the tank mounted pony on the side of your back tank or on the back of it?
Oh, on the side, valve side up, it uses my right post reg which is just a first, second, and drysuit inflator. The second sneaks under my main reg and is my bungee second. Looks like doubles, except the posts are switched.

To mark's point:
If NAUI standards are what our limited historical info is, then if this occurred, if seems a clear violation of standards, on a number of points.

I agree with your statement above! "...then if this occurred, it seems.." Thanks for your qualification phrase.

@Wookie, Oh no, don't look at my avatar picture, you might see my tank mounted pony! Sorry, no air2.

cheers,
m

I don’t remember if I posted this before. I was told the current NAUI standards are pretty close to TDI’s. These are the ones for TDI Helitrox, for comparison.
5769730C-619E-4411-BDBD-BA2F0F34925F.png

Oh, on the side, valve side up, it uses my right post reg which is just a first, second, and drysuit inflator. The second sneaks under my main reg and is my bungee second. Looks like doubles, except the posts are switched.
I dive the same configuration minus the drysuit inflator. I can also reach the pony valve to shut it down if need be. I have a button gauge on the first though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom