Feedback on my first

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcpiota

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at the comments others have made on 'first' videos. Very good and instructive. So much so I thought I would...well...jump in also!

Looking forward to the feedback.

YouTube - Fleeting Memories

Pretty good 1st video. I think you've got the hang of it. Smooth transitions speed matches the smoot music. Nice job.

The challenge, at first, has been when to introduce the filter in the absence of lights. Too little depth, everything is pink. Part of the video is shot sans filter, some with. I havent' done any 'white balance' although I am trying to learn more about this.

Very nice transitions, and you seem to have an intuitive grasp of the concept that video only works well when either your subject is moving, or you are moving. It was ideal music for the subject, as well. Nicely done!

Thx to all. I am going to more research on 'white balance' along with fine turning use of the filter. Thanks again.

I prefer to simply do a manual white balance in the water as I get to depth. I also re-do the white balance when I change depth or I feel like the lighting has changed. That way I don't need the filters and it can really make for some nice colors. For some real fun, get back on the boat and take some video with the white balance set for depth :wink:

Can you give me the details on the gear that was used to take this video?

Sure, it was a Panasonic GS 180 with an Equinox Pro 6 Housing. Very basic stuff but a lot of fun and a good way to get started without being overwelled.

I have upgraded...and am in the process of overcoming my overwelledness!

I prefer to simply do a manual white balance in the water as I get to depth. I also re-do the white balance when I change depth or I feel like the lighting has changed. That way I don't need the filters and it can really make for some nice colors. For some real fun, get back on the boat and take some video with the white balance set for depth :wink:

Can't thank you guys enough. Will try that with the white balance. Have a new Light and Motion StingRay+ and just need to get familiar with working through the mode menu while in the housing.

Back
Top Bottom