Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1gromit and I just had a conversation about dive house. He thought they were a great operation, but sometimes they have boats with 8-12 divers. However, those boats are the ones filled with novice. It sounds like they have some smaller boats for the more advanced divers.

I plan on using them just for the convenience

94GTStang:
1gromit and I just had a conversation about dive house. He thought they were a great operation, but sometimes they have boats with 8-12 divers. However, those boats are the ones filled with novice. It sounds like they have some smaller boats for the more advanced divers.

I plan on using them just for the convenience
Make up your mind Eric... :D

Of course if its right there at the hotel don't have to worry about carrying the gear very far. Or we just choose an operation that cleans/stores all of our stuff.

cyclical:
Make up your mind Eric... :D

Of course if its right there at the hotel don't have to worry about carrying the gear very far. Or we just choose an operation that cleans/stores all of our stuff.
I'm all about doing my research to its fullest before I go anywhere. I suppose it could lead to more stress, but I like to have things pre-planned.

However.... I have heard nothing but great stuff about Christi's operation. And if she stores and holds all of our gear, then that sounds like money well spent.

I ropde a boat by it today. Looked good from the water, flags from severl acountries flying and all. I´m having dinner with friends who are staying there topmorrow night. I´ll see iof I can learn more than. HATE THIS CAFE KEYBOARD!

Thanks for the drive by. I would also like to hear from others.

I am really looking hard for a new home in Cozumel. We like to go there 3 times a year and I am a dedicated person. I will keep using the same hotel until they wear out my patience.

I have just had too many goofy . . . bad experiences with Hotel Cozumel rooms. The rest of the hotel is fine, but I've had no air conditioner working at least twice, stopped up bathtub, beds so hard you hurt in the morning, television not working, telephone not working and some really sketchy food. Oh, and because it is an all-inclusive the drinks are in Dixie cups, even though I was paying full price.

I've narrowed my search down to Scuba Club Cozumel and Fiesta Americana for now. As you might guess I'm very cheap. El Presidente and Occidental are not in my vocabulary!!

S4S

I was at FA March 11 - 18, 2006 and dove with Dive House. We were scheduled to be there in January but mother nature decided to move our dates. FA was in better shape in March than it was in January of 2004 (there was nothing wrong with it in 2004 which is why we booked at FA for this trip). The rooms were clean and stayed that way throughout the week. The all-inclusive package is well worth the money and even it you only eat breakfast, lunch and have a few drinks you've more than covered it's cost.

Dive House has treated our groups exceptionally well on both trips. They've never limited our dive times and always taken us to the sites we wanted to visit. The keep the boats in good working order (working head for the timid). It was our second time with Cruz and Peachy as our crew and had David as our DM.

Here are some pictures from our trip which include some FA shots:
http://www.diversdescent.com/pages/Cozumel06/Cozumel06.html

We just got back from staying at FA for a week. It was fine, everything is in really good shape. The only thing we noticed is that one of the restaurants is still being repaired, but they moved it to the Reef Club area right by the water, so it was fine.
The food for the all-inclusive was ok but not great. All things considered we would stay there again.

South 4 Scuba:
Please give me some feedback on Dive House. I have used Dive Paradise in the past and we really like them. Unfortunately, they are associated with Hotel Cozumel who sux.

I'd like to stay at Fiesta Americana and use Dive House if they treat divers like adults.

Any input would be appreciated.:
If you liked Dive Paradise you can still use them if you stay at FA. They, like almost all the other dive operators in Cozumel will pick up from the FA dock.

I haven't used DH because I prefer a smaller operator willing to accommodate a more advanced dive profile, but I have heard that they are a decent, middle of the road OP with a variety of different sized boats, some large (with many divers) and some small.

I'd recommend www.liquidbluediving.com or www.bluextseadiving.com

Back
Top Bottom