• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Filter Tower Question

Discussion in 'Compressors, Boosters and Blending Systems' started by rob.mwpropane, Oct 11, 2020.

1. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Those will be the ones I get. Bummer that the CO disks don't do a darn, but that's why I come on here, to get the experience of those before me. Will get a CO detector. Any cheap recommendations?

I am by no means an expert on small engines, but I've rebuilt one or 2 in my time. Making sure they're in good order before moving forward always saves us the most money:)

I know I need grease, if you'd like to make a cheap recommendation (or anyone for that matter) I'm happy to oblige. I had found some before, but now I can't seem to locate...was like $32 for 2 tubes if I remember.

The lady with the greasing stick....holy moly, I feel bad for her. We run a lot of heavy machinery, everything gets greased every 6-8 hours.

2. grf88

grf88 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
  3. rjack321

rjack321 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I believe Rix requires a proprietary grease but maybe not as I dont have one.

Ahh yes cheap life support is always the best :p

4. rob.mwpropane

Thanks

I can buy a bolt snap @ my LDS for $13. I can buy the same bolt snap and have it shipped from DGX or wherever for $4. Maybe cheap was the wrong word, but to me it seems anytime you add diving or scuba to a device they like to add another "0" to the price.

If something works, that I can spend money on wisely and not impulsively I try to do that...it means I get to go diving more:)

Dark Wolf likes this.
  5. rob.mwpropane

6. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Woof! ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    For real time CO monitoring, I plumbed in a Tee that feeds my fill whip (back side of filter PMV). The second leg is on a needle valve, goes through a DIN flow restrictor, is fed to an adjustable laboratory flow regulator (also a reed valve for flow control), then feeds my Sensorcon CO Meter....

I felt it worth the investment.... With you running a gas driven compressor, I'd think it a no-brainer for the investment.

rjack321, abnfrog and rob.mwpropane like this.
  7. grf88

grf88 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

See Iian's post #50

8. abnfrog

abnfrog Tech Instructor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    bob is right on the money, i have a co checker but i only use it every 10 hours or so ....if i used a gas engine to run plum it in permanently .....also DONT use the sea view window checker for CO it isnt worth a damn