Fin color?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm just curious what color fins people are wearing and why. Or do you even care what color they are?
I have always had lime green or yellow fins. I want to be seen. Especially in groups of divers, murky or dark water.
Maybe I should buy some black fins for a change.

My fins are black and gray, but I'm looking to get either bright orange or yellow fins soon. I was in a murky quarry a few weeks ago with a few other divers and one of the guys had some bright orange fins that made him the de facto leader of all of our dives, even though he was the least experienced, because he was the only one that the rest of use could see.

I don't believe that nonsense about sharks and yellow.

I second the white, not that. Any white fins typically so ez to I’d an individual in a group

A woman I like to dive with, rocks pink fins. Very easy to see in the murk

upload_2021-5-27_11-22-4.png

For me, boring old yellow tip bat fins
tbn:ANd9GcQ5a-g7Inl2K7LGriVfiLodHDqHPb5fUmuaygU81DSXg-EahLw3rInPYvlSRI37JJ4I8jV9Yk2pxsg&usqp=CAc.png

My dry suit boots are yellow.
My wet suit boots are black, but that's only cause I didn't manage to find a set in yellow.

Yellow fins are awesome cause tou can see them nicely in murky water

I have red Poseidon Trident fins. Mainly so people know it's me. A colour that can easily be seen on the surface could be useful.

I am a "black everything" type of diver. I went "nuts" about a year ago when I bought my SP Go Sport fins and got them in yellow, now everyone I dive with comments that they always know where I am because of the yellow fins.

I have had grey and white Jetfins, yellow Sherwoods, blue Eddy's, and now I'm on to black Apeks RK3 HD.
I'll be sticking with the black ones for the foreseeable future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom