Fin recommendations for bad knees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelMonkey

Registered
Reaction score
I am a landlubber who loves to snorkel, but I rarely get to do it. Unfortunately, my knees start to hurt after a few days. :(

I saw a lot of recommendations for Force Fins, but it's very hard to justify the cost for something I use so infrequently. Plus, a few people have said they're not that great for surface snorkeling.

Any suggestions?

(Note:I asked about this in the snorkeling forum, but that place is about as lively as a Narcoleptics Anonymous meeting!)

The best of both worlds - Force Fin Foil Force - split fin with the Force Fin foot pocket.

Great fin for snorkeling.

Had similar problems, switched to split fins [Atomic], no more problems.

I am a landlubber who loves to snorkel, but I rarely get to do it. Unfortunately, my knees start to hurt after a few days. :(

I saw a lot of recommendations for Force Fins, but it's very hard to justify the cost for something I use so infrequently. Plus, a few people have said they're not that great for surface snorkeling.

Any suggestions?

(Note:I asked about this in the snorkeling forum, but that place is about as lively as a Narcoleptics Anonymous meeting!)

Watch the Force Fin snorkelor in this video...they work GREAT! Baitballs going by Resorts on Singer Island.... - YouTube

No! Nope! I have the *best* suggestion!!! Let's not start another war over split fins !!! Thanks :) :) :)

SEASCOOTER | eBay

160$ says you'll like this toy better, keep your existing fins for emergency use.

What's not to like?

Disclaimers:

- not based on personal use or experience
- that it can also be used to froth foam in the bathtub for extra-foamy experience, is not mentioned on the manuf's website
- I have not partipated in split fins / no split fins debates
- Could be used to suck & kill a wasp indoors
- I like gadgets

Seriously, buy one, have it delivered to the hotel you'll be staying at, then sell it there for 100$ rather than bring it back with you.

split fins help a lot. The scubapro has perfected the split with the twin jets and it is a much easier kick than most fins. We have had people with knee and back surgerys tow people against current with them before.

Back
Top Bottom