Fin recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of diving do you do?

rk3 HD if you need something a little more negative, else eddy or dive rite XT for neutral fins

hollis f1/xs scuba turtle/sp jetfin if you plan to dive a drysuit and want negative fins

for guam, stick with the eddy/DR xt or possibly consider SP go sport/hollis f1 LT

I'll be headed to Guam shortly for about 6 months so warm water in board shorts. Looking to take a wreck course while I'm there, currently up through rescue.

For diving in board shorts, you might appreciate the lighter Eddy or UTD Precision Neutral fins. The UTD fins also have a deeper, very comfortable foot pocket, are the same size and shape of SP Jetfins, but half the weight.

https://www.utdscubaequipment.com/product-page/precision-fins

I'll be headed to Guam shortly for about 6 months so warm water in board shorts. Looking to take a wreck course while I'm there, currently up through rescue.
For warm open water, I'd suggest something like Mares Avanti Quattro. But if you are serious about pursuing wreck diving then go for one of the neutral jetfin styles mentioned above. The trade-off is basically speed and lower effort (Quattro) versus a shorter fin with more immediate and precise control (jetfin type).

i always see the same fins recommendations. so just to try something new......i use the sherwood elites. basically a neutral weight fin. has a great rubber strap that acts like a spring strap but id far easier to don. i keep two different size straps with me. one for diving wet and one for diving dry. thet have held up very well. must be 7 or 8 years old now. maybe i will splurge and get a new pair next year. haha

Make sure whatever fin you buy, take along your boots when trying them on.

i always see the same fins recommendations. so just to try something new......i use the sherwood elites. basically a neutral weight fin. has a great rubber strap that acts like a spring strap but id far easier to don. i keep two different size straps with me. one for diving wet and one for diving dry. thet have held up very well. must be 7 or 8 years old now. maybe i will splurge and get a new pair next year. haha
Poor choice of fin when diving live-aboards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom