Finally did my 100th dive - in Bali!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leejnd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was hoping to get my 100th dive in before I left for my trip to Bali, but it didn't work out that way. So here I am at Nusa Penida, an island off the coast of Bali, doing my 100th dive almost exactly a year since I got certified. I didn't have a slate with me, so as you can see I improvised :D.

P9110176-1-1.jpg

And while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and post a few of my better pictures. I just got my first underwater camera, so these are my first efforts at underwater photography. Naturally I've taken hundreds of shots, and these are the only ones that came out half-way decent.

A colorful coral reef:
P9100131E-1.jpg

A butterfly fish:
P9100170E-1.jpg

Striped catfish swarming under a coral ledge:
P9100158E-1.jpg

Two spider crabs and a peeking eel:
P9100159E-1.jpg

Helloooo Mr. Eel!
P9100168-1.jpg

Manta Ray at Manta Point:
P9120290-1-1.jpg

Manta Ray -- see the diver behind it?
P9120291-1.jpg

Clown Triggerfish:
P9120310E-1.jpg

We're leaving shortly to head to the northwest coast of Bali, where I will be diving at Menjangan Island...more pics to come!

Congratulations, LeeAnne!! :D

Hey LeeAnne congrats on dive 100! I feel real sorry for you, you had to do your 100th dive in Bali, I'm sure you're missing cali diving a whole lot. hahahah!

I though I might help with a little fish and invert ID

Emperor Angel
P9100170E-1.jpg

Coral Banded Shrimp
P9100159E-1.jpg

And I think the striped catfish, I could be wrong on this one, could be Coral Cats which are a type of drum and when they die they excrete a deadly toxin. I might be totally off though.

Have fun with the rest of your trip and lets see some more pics!

Billy

~~Great writer!
~~~Great photographer!
~~~~Needs work in tropical Taxonomy and Venomology. (I guess?)

Very very well done! Congrats on 100 (One hundred) dives! And what a lovely way and great place to commerate the event.

Please share more of your adventure!

sdm

Congrats LeeAnne! I'm looking forward to more pics!

great photos....and 100 in a year? I AM jealous!!!!!

Hey Billy thanks so much for the creature ID! LOL! Yes I do need work on that. I was just going by what the DM said...methinks he just spouts off names of things to make it sound like he knows what he's talking about. I'm going to have to buy me a book of Indonesian marine life so I can do a better job of ID'ing my photos!

Unfortunately I won't be able to upload any photos for about another week -- the place we're at now (up by Menjangan Island) doesn't have wireless, so I can't use my laptop. But once we get to Ubud I should have wireless again, and I'll upload the photos I got today. AWESOME shots of the most specatular lion fish! I do know they are poisonous, and did my best to stay back so it wouldn't sting me, but I couldn't resist getting close enough to snap off some great shots. Oh, and an enormous sea turtle with a couple of remorrah (sp?) attached to its back.

Thanks for the kind words about my photos! I'm having fun with this camera -- it adds a whole new element to diving for me. More pics when I can!

Back
Top Bottom